EE lessons

Discussion in 'Training of the Rider' started by Native Lover, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Native Lover

Native Lover Pony Collector !!

Media:
    Albums:
    Skye went on a course with Heather Moffet down in Devon and came back wanting to have EE lessons with someone Heather said could help her and Lunan.

So I am also thinking of having a lesson too as I have not had a lesson in ages with not riding for five months. But I am an unconfident wuss at times.

Does anybody else who is novice have EE lessons and how have you found it helps you as a rider and your horse? Approximately how much would the lesson cost? Can it really help your riding when you are a middle aged novice rider with confidence issues or am I wishful thinking. Eva is never going to be a show jumper and neither am I but I would one day like to be able to do a basic dressage test and not make a complete fool of us both. Is this the way to go?

Help :unsure:

2. Native Lover

Media:
    Albums:
    I also have Skye's copy of the new EE book to read during the holidays if I can prise it away from her :)

I don't have a clue what EE is about but I have of course heard of Heather Moffet from horse magazine articles over the years, But it was to advanced for me to understand at the time.

But I know I can happily ride Eva out in my paddocks or even hacking when I am confident enough but I also feel I want to learn to ride her properly and to use the correct muscles etc. Also for her to carry herself and me as well as she can.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  3. kathyt1

kathyt1 Active Member

EE is not complicated. It is rather more involved than "kick and pull" but it it not rocket science either! The main thing is all horses seem to understand it and appreciate the difference. This make communication between the two of you much better (always a good thing!). Here is the teachers page for your area, although there may also be trainee's.

http://www.enlightenedequitation.com/teacher_findWM.htm

4. caroline/halle

caroline/halle Member

i had EE lessons before xmas on a green cob and my confidence low and they helped immensely so would really recommend getting some, mine cost £30 for 45mins, my instructor gave me a lot of confidence too well worth getting

5. Native Lover

Media:
    Albums:
    Skye was reccomended Sam Jamieson from Lincolnshire. I have been in touch found out the prices, and booked our first lesson :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  6. Native Lover

Media:
    Albums:
    Thats good to know, I am not the most confident rider either :) So it is nice you reccomend, thank you for you input.

7. kathyt1

kathyt1 Active Member

Sam is ace :biggrin:

8. Native Lover

Media:
    Albums:
    I am also looking for someone with a simulator to helpp me learn how to canter, where would be the nearest to Lincolnshire?

9. kathyt1

kathyt1 Active Member

Sam will know the answer to that one, although I think she uses and exercise ball to help get the feel for it.

10. Frances144

Frances144 Remember me?

A good instructor will work with you at the level you are not what they want you to be.

Enjoy and work together recognising achievable goals and how to work towards them using the tools around, ie horse, simulator, ball thingy, etc.

11. Native Lover

Media:
    Albums:
    I had to cancel the lesson was going to cost £40 + £40 travel expenses I just don't have that sort of money spare every month :( Gutted

12. kathyt1

kathyt1 Active Member

Oh that's a shame! If you want to pm me I can see if their are any trainees that might be nearer you? Also some EETs do travel widely so they may be able to tie you in with other people having lessons in your area.