Ex racehorse info?

Discussion in 'Stables Reunited' started by Feffie, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Feffie

Feffie New Member

One of the horses at the yard is an ex race horse, I was wondering if someone could help me find out a bit more info about him?
    His racing name was Night Prospector, I've got no idea how to find anything about him ^^
    Forgot to add he's a bay gelding, apparantly came off the track 2-3 years ago and is now aproximately 12
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. eml

eml Moderator

3. Feffie

Feffie New Member

Bloomin heck, and to think the uni bought him for £1!!!
  4. Lot1983

Lot1983 New Member

There's a lovely picture too! I'm very jealous, I have video but no pictures of Henry racing!
  5. Feffie

Feffie New Member

Poor mr night prospector who is now just called Knight and actually has a little flab on him!
    Here's the handsome chappy, he must be one of my favs I think
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apparantly he arrived at the uni about 2-3 years ago, his owner had terminal cancer and since he was starting to do quite bad on the track wanted him sold somewhere he would be taken care of.
    He was lame on 3 legs and could hardly walk a 20 meter circle since he was so use to just going straight.
    They decided to chuck him out in a field for 6 months and he had 3 feeds a day just to keep a tiny bit of weight on him.
    They then brought him back into work and now he does amazingly well. He very sensitive to ride and gets worried very easy but if your real calm and gentle on him he goes lovely, on the bit and tries the world for you.
  6. eml

eml Moderator

Sadly older ex racehorses are worth hardly anything. even our 4yos we bought this year cost us less than their tack did :unsure:
  7. Feffie

Feffie New Member

They make fantastic riding horses normally as well, like I said Knight has come on in leaps and bounds and is improving all the time. Another Ex racer I use to ride at my old riding school was a saint and perfect for new riders.
  8. Innocence

Innocence New Member

He is a distance relative to my TB as she has northern dancer in her pedigree also! lol
  9. eml

eml Moderator

Most flat racers /hurlers have Northern Dancer lines somewhere, I have very few without!
  10. Spider

Spider Active Member

does anyone know where i could find pics of my ex racer during his racing days??
    Quite interested! i found a video of a race online with him galloping to victory!