fao cathytodd

Discussion in 'Mature Riders' started by rockyrobin, Jan 18, 2005.

1. rockyrobin

rockyrobin New Member

bless you babe!! Im really sorry that you are having the same problems, its just nice to know that someone else is in a similar position. I had another c**p morning with the rockster being an absolute twit out on the hill. What are we gonna do with them. how old is your horse & what breed is he? have you had him long?
    Like you I have decided to forget the solo hacking, as its sooo cold thats not too much of a hardship.

I used to think it was just me with rocky. but he has tried it with others as well, so dont get down on yourself. the only one rocky wont do it with is the YOs daughter. I comfort myself with the fact that she has been riding for 20 yrs & none of the horses misbehave when shes on board.
    I would love to hear how you are getting on & i will keep everything crossed for you. rrx
  2. Noblesteed

Noblesteed New Member

Hi rockyrobin,
    Shall we start a nappy horse club, or maybe it should be nappy owner club!? Seriously though, thanks for your support. It did make me feel better to know it wasn't just me, and I wasn't being unrealistic in wanting to hack out alone. I'm staying chilled about it for now. Noble is great in every other way, and I have plenty of people to hack out with. Noble is a 14.3 welsh cob cross, lovely willing little chap, but with more than a hint of personality! He's 10 this year, so in cob fashion, may start to mature a bit. As for me, I started riding 4 years ago, and acquired Noble via my daughter who now prefers boys to horses. There's a lesson there somewhere! Anyhow, I'm concentrating on schooling for now, hoping to take him to some shows this year, and will tackle the hacking alone thing later in the year.
    Best regards, please stay in touch and good luck! Cathy.