First Show - PICS!

Discussion in 'Showing' started by Thyme & Me, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Thyme & Me

Thyme & Me New Member

First show, first time plaiting, first time in a trailer with another horse (and 3rd time ever...).... all happening for Thyme today! Plaiting was a nightmare but we got there in the end (Sort of). I spent all night dreaming about bloomin' plaits!!

This was all about giving Thyme the experience of travelling and of being in a show environment. The actual 'in the ring' bit was the least important bit, really. I entered her into a 2-3 year old in hand class.

She travelled really well and coped with lots of horse lorries coming and going and horses everywhere. She even managed to cope with her field & travelling pal doing a working hunter class in the next ring at the same time as her without neighing at her constantly :cloud9:

Anywhere, here she is in all her spiffed up glory....Not sure why I am looking quite so worried!

[​IMG]
    DSC01671 by Team KP Nut, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC01675 by Team KP Nut, on Flickr

She was very well behaved in the ring. Super proud mum!
    [​IMG]
    DSC01680 by Team KP Nut, on Flickr

Ooh look it's a blue one... :dance:
    (There were only 2 of us in the class. Shhhhhhhh)

[​IMG]
    DSC01695 by Team KP Nut, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC01703 by Team KP Nut, on Flickr

I do know she is a bit thin. She dropped weight when she arrived as she just wouldn't eat :( Had (has) ad lib haylage and Conditioning Cubes - and she's picking up again now.

Love my lovely Thyme :inlove:
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  2. Dizzy Woo

Dizzy Woo Active Member

Media:
    There is a real look of satisfaction on your face on the last pic - well done to you and to Thyme - she looks lovely :dance:
  3. happyhacker101

happyhacker101 New Member

Well done:dance:
  4. shaka

shaka New Member

Well done and what a pro she is turning out to be!
  5. newforest

newforest Educated By Equines

Media:
    Horse looks so chilled out, that is nice to see in a youngster. Glad wet enjoyed the day. All great experience.
  6. juliecwuk

juliecwuk Well-Known Member

oh wow so glad it all went rather uneventfully lol! and Thyme is just soooooo beautiful!
  7. KarinUS

KarinUS Active Member

good grief lady. you are moving at lightning speed! lol
    What's next month? The Olympics? :D

Well done and congrats!
  8. Gillydaydream

Gillydaydream New Member

Congratulations on having such a good first trip out!
  9. OwnedbyChanter

OwnedbyChanter With out my boys life would be bland

Well done and what lovely experience for Thyme how posh do you both look.
  10. Nookster

Nookster Active Member

Brilliant start for you both - massive congrats and the main thing is you both had fun!:biggrin:

I really want to straighten out your collar tho :redface::giggle:
  11. eml

eml Moderator

OOH I was there too yesterday (Beaver Hall) We were attached to the TB that forgot it was an EX racehorse and was intent on demonstrating how naughty it could be!! Lovely show place..we take all our projects there for their first outing
  12. Thyme & Me

Thyme & Me New Member

Oh god I looked SUCH a mess! Thyme and her pal (doing working hunter) were tied up outside the trailer and she was fine so everyone went with the other horse when she went to her working hunter class. And Thyme went loopy! :help:pulling back, neighing, shaking her head - ALL her plaits came undone :banghead::banghead: So I had to get changed in 1 minute flat, didn't tie my hair back or tuck shirt in :redcarded: and then lead her round till our class started. Oh dear.

Winner of our class was in full make up and wearing a long red jacket & dress. We made quite a contrast!!
  13. Lemme

Lemme Active Member

Media:
    Well done to you both on your first show together thats the hard bit over, you can now relax and look forward to the next one - it will be easier - I didn,t sleep properly for days before our first one - then wondered what all the worry was about...... nice pics - take heart from all the positives and work on anything that needs tweaking, looking forward to the next show pics and results ,
  14. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Well-Known Member

Well done. Sounds like you had a great day out and Thyme was a star.
  15. Nookster

Nookster Active Member

aww bless i can imagine the stress you would have been under - sometimes horses don't make it easy for us!
    You've done a brilliant job so be proud as mentioned it will get easier :happy: