going on first hack tomorrow......

Discussion in 'Confidence Club' started by cassiebird, May 29, 2011.

1. cassiebird

cassiebird Member

morning and i am very nervous:redface: It will be the first time I have taken her off of the yard. We have fantastic hacking within a 5 minute stroll but my biggest fear is that we have to cross a bride over the M1:help: We are ready to venture out into the outside world but I am now creating all sorts of situations in my head.......... I am going with lady from the yard and her very experienced, been there done that type pony so that will help.
    I will do my best to think positive so that she doesnt sense my worries and i have my rescue remedy to hand:frown:
    Please keep your fingers crossed that all is good:unsure:

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  2. Flipo's Mum

Flipo's Mum Heavy owner of a Heavy

Good luck mrs - you'll be fine. Lots of deep breathing and try to enjoy it! We will of course need an update of how you get on.
    Eta-I've got this fabulous new rule that works wonders for me - I have to have silence to mount cause I concentrate so much on it and then as soon as my bum hits the saddle my hacking partner/ foot solider has to be prepared to talk about anything and everything until I've settled. Works to take my mind off it all while I'm relaxing - horse then relaxes too. I find the latest gossip is the best distraction lol!

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  3. Bodshi

Bodshi Well-Known Member

How exciting, hope you have a smashing time :biggrin:

Don't stress about the motorway bridge - your horse will probably be fine with the other horse as a confidence giver, but if not just get off and walk her over - simples!

4. Pencilbeckett

Pencilbeckett New Member

Hope you had a lovely time :smile:

5. Native Lover

Native Lover Pony Collector !!

Media:
    Albums:
    good luck, keep us posted how it goes and try to keep calm and relaxed it will help your pony, to stay calm too :) says one nervous hacker ;-)

6. cassiebird

cassiebird Member

soooo disappointed.......

because we had to postponed it:cry: due to unforseen circumstance my companion couldnt be there......what was interesting was that i was really disappointed where as a few weeks ago i would have been relieved:giggle: So all being well we will try again next weekend.

thanks for your support and encouragement...........i will keep you updated once ive been:biggrin:

7. pepsimaxrock

pepsimaxrock New Member

Thats definitely progress - where you get disappointed instead of being relieved.... looking forward to hearing from you next time - good luck - you will be fine x