I did it!!!!

Discussion in 'Confidence Club' started by liz_scarlet, Jun 30, 2011.

1. liz_scarlet

liz_scarlet New Member

Went to the stables tonight thinking I'm gonna ride her....so when YO asked I said yes I think I should. Expecting to just pop on her...walk about a bit and maybe try a trot or two. Ended up being a proper lesson!!!! first ever on Scarlet and only 6th ever.

It went as well as you could wish for being a first time :happy: getting used to lesson terminology. I really need to work on seat and hand and leg position but I knew that...hence moving to a yard that does lessons.

So 1st one done and out the way...didnt even know it was gonna happen so couldn't freak out before hand :bounce:

many many more required but the journey has started!
  2. juliecwuk

juliecwuk Well-Known Member

Absolutely fantastic :)

I now love having lessons, especially as I was terrified on my first one! Lol!
  3. happyhacker101

happyhacker101 New Member

Well done, onwards and upwards for you both:bounce:
  4. JustJas

JustJas New Member

Go you!!! :bounce:

As Confucius' old adage says- a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step! :) Enjoy yours!
  5. liz_scarlet

liz_scarlet New Member

Thanks! I wouldn't want to watch it back and I'm glad the first one is over....RI was def more impressed with Scarlet than me but I'm determined to work at it and improve :smile:
  6. Flipo's Mum

Flipo's Mum Heavy owner of a Heavy

Oh well done Liz, I like this sort of surprise stuff, means you don't get time to panic lol! Lessons are brilliant, Ive only had my fourth today and already had compliments from others on the yard about how we've improved. Keep at it, it's a wonderful boost to your confidence.
  7. Shetlander

Shetlander Member

Liz that is FANTASTIC! Well done you! I'm really pleased for you :biggrin:

There'll be no stopping you and Scarlet now.... watch out Olympics lol

:skip: x
  8. tbaynancy

tbaynancy Active Member

Well done! Can't wait to hear about your next time.