I jumped a 2 foot 9 course!!!

Discussion in 'Confidence Club' started by Mary Poppins, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Well-Known Member

After a few challenging lessons (I was thrown off last week!), I had such a confidence boosting session tonight. I rode one of my favourite cobs who I am starting to trust and we jumped a whole course of 2 ft 9 jumps. I haven't even jumped a single 2 ft 9 jump before tonight and it's given me such a boost. I found that my horse was so forward going when the jumps went up and he really pulled me into them. The feeling over the jumps was fantastic and I really enjoyed it. I'm so happy and just wanted to share.
  2. nat17

nat17 Minnie, Sam and Dolly

Your my hero Mary Poppins:angel:

You must feel amazing mrs! Very very well done:angel:
  3. pepsimaxrock

pepsimaxrock New Member

Oh isn't it so fantastic and well done! Such a good feeling lol. That's the same height as the maximum on our practice xc fences. It always seems massive to me, and it is. It's bigger than a BE 80!
  4. Ginger Thing

Ginger Thing New Member

Well done, that's brilliant! A whole course that size is scary! Glad your confidence seems to be on the up :dance:
  5. Snowyboy

Snowyboy New Member

omg, whoop whoop

well done xxxxxxxx
  6. Mary Poppins

Thanks everyone. I'm still so happy this morning and want to go and do it all again.

I never really understood why my instructor always said that horses don't really jump properly unless the jump is at least 2 ft 6. My horse last night was totally different compared to how he is when I jump him over small jumps. I didn't have to push him on as he was excited and wanted to jump big. The feeling over the jumps was fantastic (and only slightly scarey!).
  7. pepsimaxrock

pepsimaxrock New Member

yayy...
  8. Laura_107

Laura_107 Active Member

I love your posts MP, they go from confidence high to rock bottom, then amazing lesson to disaster and back up again!

Really makes me smile when I see these high ones, and I can tell your RI has you figured out. :biggrin:
  9. Ginger Thing

Ginger Thing New Member

That's true, it's a lot smoother when they jump properly, if the jumps are too small they can really lurch over them in a most uncomfortable way! My 17hh can have front feet and back feet on the floor at the same time over a small jump :giggle:
  10. Mary Poppins

I know, my riding life is a rollercoaster of emotion. I feel sorry for my poor husband who has to put up with my stupidly high moods, and then really depressed ones when it all goes wrong again!
  11. loves

loves New Member

wow congrats! it must be an amazing feeling! i only jumped once and not on purpose, my horse decided to jump instead of walk down an incline
  12. Lobelia Overhill

Lobelia Overhill New Member

All hail the Queen of the Confidence Club!!!

*bows*