Lost my mojo and found an olympians....

Discussion in 'Confidence Club' started by Trewsers, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Trewsers

Trewsers Well-Known Member

Media:
    Hehehe, well, not quite an Olympic rider.....but I really feel like I'm getting somewhere. Pointless thread, but had to share! Finally pleased to report that Storm and I (after weeks of building up because of her hock problems) had our first fantastic "proper" canter on Saturday night!!!!!!!!!! WAsn't going to - it just sort of happened and do you know, what a star she was. Came right back to trot and walk with the slightest of touches. She is really listening atm, I feel on top of the world with her again. Rode this morning before work - and felt like we could have gone on forever (only had a half hour) just didn't want to get off!!!!! Her "lightness" is returning and even after just a 15 minute warm-up in walk she is much better. Now what I need is for her to remember my "silent" cues for canter - she used to respond to them just with me thinking - anyway, all more stuff to work on!! Just wanted to share - and for anybody thinking of the Cartrophen injections for their horse, I really would recommend as I think this time they've done the trick!

2. Roxy's Mum

Roxy's Mum New Member

:dance:

3. GingerRuby

GingerRuby Member

Such a lovely post, thank you :dance:

4. Trewsers

Media:
    Thanks guys! I do feel rather happy today! It is keeping me going (it is Monday afterall!!!)

5. Claire1605

Claire1605 Active Member

Fantastic Trewsers :dance:

When are you going to upload some piccies or video for us to see this great work!

We would love to see the horses that we have come to learn so much about.

6. Trewsers

Media:
    Claire - I will try for pics - videos are beyond OH and I!lol. I think this computer of mine is coming to the end of its days (I can't evenuse the quick reply facility or icons anymore!) so will have to switch to OH's computer and then of course I can bore you all with pics....hehehehehehehe. (Only I really want to get Storm looking trimmer - I fear you would all swoon with her balloon shape atm!!!lol)

7. nat17

nat17 Minnie, Sam and Dolly

Congrats Trewers, brilliant post to read:smile:

8. tbaynancy

tbaynancy Active Member

Good for you (and Storm) - reading this was a great start to my day.

9. Auqeam

Auqeam New Member

Not pointless, I love reading these types of messages, sounds like you are having a ball!.. and I agree, we need pictures!

10. bitsnpieces

bitsnpieces Active Member

fab news!!! it's lovely that you can come on here and share your updates :) not a pointless thread at all!