M&M showing

Discussion in 'Other Disciplines' started by peeweesgal, Mar 1, 2006.

1. peeweesgal

peeweesgal ~*~sarah~*~

right can i ask a few questions concerning showing?

1. I show a section D atm (doing M&M large breeds, veterans and cob/cob type), but might be showing a section A (M&M small breeds and M&M whp) and section C (M&M large breeds and M&M whp, when im not showing the others) this season, is it OK to show all of them in brown jodhpur boots?

2. I wear a Brown Tweed Dublin Hacking jacket, last year with a Brown velvet riding hat, but will it look ok to show in the Brown jacket and a Navy Velvet Hat?

3. What colour shirt should i wear?

thanks

sarah
    xxx

2. Kanuma

Kanuma Banned

navy hat will be fine, a cream/canary shirt would be good.
    technically for the welsh D you should wear long black boots in a Large M&M class. Sec C is personal choice about boots, but long black ones will make your legs look shorter if you are slightly to big for her.
    sec A in short brown boots

3. peeweesgal

peeweesgal ~*~sarah~*~

He is quite a small section C, yet i don't think i look to big for him, although i am 5ft 4 and he is roughly 13hh :rolleyes: maybe slightly smaller :rolleyes:

wouldn't long boots make my legs look longer though?

sarah
    xxx

4. Kanuma

Kanuma Banned

they break up the line of your leg makeing it look shorter.
    with short boots you have a massive length of canary and h=ih makes your legs look longer.
    On a D you will be the only one in short boots though!

5. Daffy Dilly

Daffy Dilly New Member

Agree with long boots on a D. At local level people play by the rule of age, but whilst it's personal preference which type of boots you wear on any Welsh, long boots are the done thing for large breeds (including C's) and short are for small breeds. As far as your C goes, I'd probably wear long boots across the board.

Sec B's can go up to 13.2, and whilst the C might be a true stamp of a C rather than nearer a riding pony, long boots will "prove" to a judge that your pony is a C. Although B's and C's can be the same height, the C is classed as a large breed, so I would turn out as such for all classes :)

Def show the A in short boots, they just don't suit long ones.

Hat is fine, but check it against your jacket. The Dublin jacket you have, is it the Canberra? If so I would be more inclined to change the jacket for a pure wool one and leave the hat for now, brown hats are becoming not common, but less unusual in M&M classes. Plus navy doesn't go too well with that jacket anyway - I used to have one. :)

As for the shirt, a creamy yellow one would be nice. :)

6. peeweesgal

peeweesgal ~*~sarah~*~

yeah it is the canberra jacket, the only reason i am changing my hat is because it does not fit me any longer so that is one of my main priorities atm!

sarah
    xxx

7. peeweesgal

peeweesgal ~*~sarah~*~

do you still have that jacket daffydilly?

what colour hat do you/did you wear with it?

sarah
    xxx

8. Daffy Dilly

Daffy Dilly New Member

Well in that case, change the hat! :)

When would you be able to change the jacket? Obviously if you have another season to go in the Canberra then you'll have to see what you think about the navy hat with it, and it might be best to go for a brown hat, although then you're limited to brown jackets! :rolleyes:

9. peeweesgal

peeweesgal ~*~sarah~*~

i think i will have quite a while in my current jacket as i got it last year and it was big then! although i have not actually worn it yet this year, Mazda is going to be borrowing it for a show on sunday and she will be wearing a navy velvet hat so i suppose if she get a few pictures i will be able to work out if the colours will work together.

sarah
    xxx

10. peeweesgal

peeweesgal ~*~sarah~*~

i have just remembered another question i have:

can veterans be jumped and galloped in the show ring?

sarah
    xxx

11. Kanuma

Kanuma Banned

If the class is not run under Veteran horse society rules (ie a qualifier for the veteran horse society championships) then yes it can