Want to ride at studland? Latest!

Discussion in 'Meet-ups' started by Jane&Ziggy, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Skib

Skib New Member

Jane - Stuart phoned me back - asked if we were part of your group on 24th and said he would talk to you and see if something can be sorted out for slower riders as well. I told him that if this were possible we would both come. Must go now.

2. Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Ziggy Learning together!

OK Skib thanks!

3. J Leahy

J Leahy New Member

Oh great so is the date 24 th of april ? I'm a walk n trot candidate please I was going to check to see if a friend wanted to. Come to if that's ok ?

4. Skib

Skib New Member

It is 24th, I think. That is an easier day for the stable to provide what we need, and Jane and Stuart will be sorting out the possibilities on the phone, I hope, over the next 24 hours.
    So yes, if you (or you and a friend) want to just walk and trot, please do say so now. Because the arrangement for a slower hack does depend on knowing numbers.
    I now know more details of the fast ride. Studland do a regular 2 hour beach ride. It involves a long beach canter - 600 yards. That is farther than the quarter mile we are used to doing. It is too much for my OH. So I was right to opt out.
    I guess that neither the stables nor we want anyone on NR to feel they have to do that or not ride at all. So the possibility of a slower ride is still there, and we should know definitely in the next couple of days.

5. Jane&Ziggy

So that looks like 2 groups of 4: Me, Joyscarer, Learningcurve & daughter cantering: k8te, Skib & OH, J Leahy Walk & Trot. I'll speak to Stuart ASAP.

6. Joyscarer

Joyscarer New Member

Brilliant. When we get confirmation I'll ring up and pay by card.

7. J Leahy

J Leahy New Member

Great may I have a western saddle english briddle please ? Thanks ill check with my friend too thanks

8. Jane&Ziggy

That's fine JLeahy, I am sure that it will be easier for them if more people want to come than if people drop out :wink:

9. Jane&Ziggy

OK folks I just spoke to Stuart and we are good to go.

The ride is for 24 April at 1.45 pm with 4 in each group. The walk trot canter group will have 3 or 4 extended canters in the first hour (mostly away from the stables!) and walk and trot on the return, and the walk and trot group will, well, walk and trot.

Please could each of you phone him on 01929 450273 to confirm your place(s).

He will ask you your height, weight and riding experience. He'll also ask you to pay for the ride, ideally with a debit card and ideally in full, but if you can't pay in full then the minimum is a 50% deposit.

I am so excited yay :bounce::dance:

10. Jane&Ziggy

Oops! Forgot to say that Stuart is just looking at how much of a group discount he can offer us!

11. Joyscarer

Joyscarer New Member

Even better. Wasn't expecting that and was happy to go at full price anyway.

12. learningcurve

learningcurve New Member

Jane you must have missed my post, I can't make it as a got a job I quoted for and have to start on the 23rd :cry: