We Jumped...... Over a pole on the ground :)

Discussion in 'Confidence Club' started by Kite_Rider, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Kite_Rider

Kite_Rider Well-Known Member

Big thrill for me and not so much for my confidence but Oscar's , when I first got him I was told 'you won't get him near a coloured pole' and true enough he wouldn't go within 10 ft of them, however, with lots of patience (over a year) we finally did it! The jump was unintentional, I was only asking him to walk over it, he just decided it was far to scary to walk over and cat leapt it instead, but at least he went over it, we have since walked over two in a row several times without any worries and I'm very very proud of him. No intention of jumping, not my thing, but will be nice to be able to introduce trotting poles into our schooling. Sorry pointless post really but just wanted to share.

2. Fi.

Fi. New Member

Excellent, it's those little acheivements that make horses such fun :biggrin:

3. GingerRuby

GingerRuby Member

Woo hoo!!

Not pointless post at all! Just shows what you can achieve with time and patience, really fab :biggrin:

4. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Well-Known Member

Exactly. It shows that your horse has got trust in you and you have a real partnership. You should be very proud.

5. pepsimaxrock

pepsimaxrock New Member

Thats fantastic - sounds like a big breakthrough if he wouldnt go near poles previously. xxx

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  6. Trewsers

Trewsers Well-Known Member

Media:
    That is good!! From small acorns etc..........