View Full Version : Back Ache!
5th Nov 2007, 08:30 PM
Does everyone's back hurt after a couple of hours driving or is it just because it's new to me (like having a sore bum when you first start riding)?
I keep thinking about learning more about it and introducing Logic to driving once she's back in work, but not if it leaves me in agony!!
6th Nov 2007, 10:49 AM
No as far as I know your back shouldn't hurt (I have never come across it as a 'normal' new driver thing but other people might be able to comment on this). I can think of a few possible causes immediately, other people might be able to add more -
- tension (correct position but very tense and rigid)
- poor position, probably leaning forward due to being tense
- wrong height of seat putting you into a uncomfortable position
- pulling horse making you tense up and lock your back
- lots of off road driving with poor suspension
Wrists, hands and arms often ache in new drivers but not normally backs.
14th Nov 2007, 07:03 PM
I used to get backaches. I had a cheap Easy Entry type cart that used to kill my back.
Sold that and bought a very well sprung, Counry Road cart and no more backache.:D
Was suprised what a difference a nice cart can make.
14th Nov 2007, 08:21 PM
Can vouch for wrists and arms, but not so sure about my back.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.