View Full Version : How much for Zilco harness?
1st Apr 2008, 12:42 PM
I have been offered a harness for Claret for £400 almost brand new condition it's only going to cost me £200 as ex OH will pay the other £200 towards paying me back some money he owes. The harness was apparently £700 brand new and has both the empathy and breastcollar.
How much would you expect to pay for a section A sized harness and is this one not really worth it considering I don't know if he'll take to driving yet? If it is too expensive any ideas on what I should be spending?
1st Apr 2008, 02:12 PM
Looks like a zilco classic.Yes would of cost £600 for the harness and about £140 for the collar.There are much cheaper synthetic harnesses if you wanted to see how he went.Lovely little sec a by the way and the harness fits him really well.He looks like he would be a shetland size.How big is he about 11 hands?
Will pm you one from e bay.If you decided that he did take to the driving then the classic is a lovely harness.I would put him in a wilson snaffle or butterly jointed bit rather than the liverpool bit.
1st Apr 2008, 02:19 PM
It does fit him really well. Do you think I could resell for the £400 if I do keep it, it is immaculate? Also very easy to clean.
1st Apr 2008, 02:22 PM
If you could get it for less say £350 you would have more chance in getting your money back.Is this your pony?if so what is his breeding he is lovely.
1st Apr 2008, 02:30 PM
He is :) he's Merrywood Claret welsh section a. I agreed to buy it for £400 without knowing if that was a good value, it doesn't sound like I will loose masses if I do sell then so will stick to it as can't find nice synthetics for under £200 unless they're webbing.
8th Apr 2008, 05:49 PM
I have just recieved mine today with the empathy collar was £150 separate both the harness and the collar added together cost me £383.00
thats including delivery and a zilco carry bag from pony and carriage guys
yet to put it on my pony will be doing that at week end
it looks the same as mine
8th Apr 2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks, I have decided not to go ahead with the purchase atm due to a few uncertanties
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.