PDA

View Full Version : Help needed, mens private bits!

Caritay
13th Jun 2008, 09:15 PM
My boyfriend started riding a month or so ago and is having problems with the rising trot, if you know what I mean!!!!! :p

He is wearing lycra skin tight boxer shorts at the moment but still keeps catching his bits.

Any ideas?

Dizzy Woo
13th Jun 2008, 09:28 PM
hmmmm..... my OH is about to start riding again after many years out of the saddle, he was but a wee boy the last time he rode so not sure he would have noticed any 'interferance' in those days - will have to keep my eye on him!

flintybaby
13th Jun 2008, 09:29 PM
*Snigger*

Sorry my girlish humour pops out every now and then! :D

Glad we dont have that problem!!

jaydevon
13th Jun 2008, 09:31 PM
TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!! we had a thread like this a while back, i think it was joyscarer that suggested we needed pictures :D

Caritay
13th Jun 2008, 09:35 PM
I don't think he will let me put pictures on here somehow!!!

jaydevon
13th Jun 2008, 09:36 PM
sorry then the only answer is castration.

Caritay
13th Jun 2008, 09:38 PM
I was hoping there would be a less brutal solution. Think he would rather post pics ha ha

midnightmare
13th Jun 2008, 09:39 PM
not another one :p
I have a rather effective suggestion- not sure if it would offend anyone though :D

Caritay
13th Jun 2008, 09:45 PM
I'm curious now, what's the suggestion??

midnightmare
13th Jun 2008, 10:02 PM
awww, i don't want to post it :( :o sorry, it's not a siggestion, more of a joke

millys mum
13th Jun 2008, 10:13 PM
He could always wear padded shorts like my O/H wears when he's cycling, then again there's no rising trot on a bike.

midnightmare
13th Jun 2008, 10:15 PM
He could always wear padded shorts like my O/H wears when he's cycling, then again there's no rising trot on a bike.

the padded cycling shorts are a good idea :)

fishiz3434
14th Jun 2008, 07:36 AM
my friend says he wears cotton boxers with an elastic waist and uses the elastic to hold everything out of the way :P i cant say I'd know if that was uncomfortable or not but he doesn't ever complain hehe

coyote
14th Jun 2008, 08:09 AM
Even though im "old,stupid and past it" :rolleyes: ill still offer some advice.

Could he be rising and falling wrong,could he modify his position to maybe lean slightly further back so as not to catch himself on the pommel,it sounds to me as if he is tilting forward.

Men get nasty belly ache when they catch themselves,have to say it cracks me up every time,when it happens!!!!! :D :D :D

Gasbag
14th Jun 2008, 11:23 AM
To which side does he dress? Will it help if he dresses to the other side?

If this is no help could he customise his saddle by cutting out a hole in the seat to give more freedom......

Sorry cant keep my face straight any longer PMSL.....obvious to all I'm a female :D:D:D

jaydevon
14th Jun 2008, 11:56 AM
r u sure gb, or is it that you have tried and tested these suggestions?

unicornleather
14th Jun 2008, 12:07 PM
Hmmmmmmm, certain to give you lot a good laugh but it DOES hurt when you catch yourself. Saddles today don't allow for male riders on the whole, when I trained 21 years ago we were shown how to make a "gentleman's" riding saddle and as we formed the seat with webbing etc we had to allow "ball" room by leaving a dip in the seat for your tackle to sit in, this is the traditional way to make a men's riding saddle but in the modern world there is no such thing of course, has he tried a gel seat saver?
Might cushion the blow a bit.
I have the same problem if I slam my brakes on in an emergency on my Triumph Thunderbird, you slide up the seat and slam your wedding tackle against the tank, that smarts a bit too!

The American calvalry had the right idea in the Maclellan saddle, although it was hard on your seat bones the middle part of the seat was missing so if you were "well endowed" everything could hang down the middle and keep cool at the same time.
Oz ;)

coyote
14th Jun 2008, 12:16 PM
The American calvalry had the right idea in the Maclellan saddle, although it was hard on your seat bones the middle part of the seat was missing so if you were "well endowed" everything could hang down the middle and keep cool at the same time.

*sniggers* http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif

Gasbag
14th Jun 2008, 12:23 PM
Hmmmmmmm, certain to give you lot a good laugh but it DOES hurt when you catch yourself. Saddles today don't allow for male riders on the whole, when I trained 21 years ago we were shown how to make a "gentleman's" riding saddle and as we formed the seat with webbing etc we had to allow "ball" room by leaving a dip in the seat for your tackle to sit in, this is the traditional way to make a men's riding saddle but in the modern world there is no such thing of course, has he tried a gel seat saver?
Might cushion the blow a bit.
I have the same problem if I slam my brakes on in an emergency on my Triumph Thunderbird, you slide up the seat and slam your wedding tackle against the tank, that smarts a bit too!

Oz ;)

OMG - seems I am more knowledgable that I give myself credit for. :eek::p

What's the old saying:
Many a true thing said in jest :rolleyes:

unicornleather
14th Jun 2008, 12:25 PM
LOL, certainly is Gasbag!
Becareful what you say next!
Oz :)

Wally
14th Jun 2008, 01:00 PM
Hmmmmm, doesn't bear thinking about if the horse lost weight in a MacLellan saddle! Now that would hurt!

Odie
14th Jun 2008, 01:33 PM
I am glad you ladies are finding this amusing.
From first hand experience of injuries to said area.
1. It was the pommel of the saddle that was catching me out “OUCH”
2. It only happened when horse changed gate from trot to walk.
I now don’t ride this horse at RS and have not had the problem again, But it does bring tears to your eyes when it happens.

Gasbag
14th Jun 2008, 01:51 PM
I am glad you ladies are finding this amusing.
........ But it does bring tears to your eyes when it happens.

Sorry Oddie, but it's bringing tears to my eyes too ......LOL:D

Firefly
14th Jun 2008, 02:46 PM
Try some t*t tape for the ladies and stick them up out of the way :D

Gasbag
14th Jun 2008, 03:25 PM
Try some t*t tape for the ladies and stick them up out of the way :D

Don't forget to shave them first though coz taking the tape of's going to be vocal :eek::D:D

beakysian
14th Jun 2008, 03:57 PM
http://www.cavaletticlothing.com/pc-931-312-new-mens-padded-boxer-shorts.aspx#

Not attractive but would something like this help??

BlackBess
14th Jun 2008, 04:07 PM
I was wondering why my OH started screaming on a trek when the horses went into and out of trot. Now I know what to get him for his birthday - padded pants:D

Joyscarer
14th Jun 2008, 04:34 PM
TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!! we had a thread like this a while back, i think it was joyscarer that suggested we needed pictures :D

Yep, so steering clear of this one :p

durham_lass
14th Jun 2008, 04:44 PM
You girls are all very cruel :p Come on, it must hurt them, otherwise they wouldn't stand holding themselves looking like this > :eek: everytime they get a knock or bang down there :D :D :D :D

Odie
14th Jun 2008, 07:17 PM
I was injured twice in one lesson, when Jack went from a trot to a walk, both times it was the pommel on the saddle that got me. I was walking like John Wayne after the lesson. I now wear a nice pair of Tommy Boxer's that are nice and snug, keeps the bits out of the way. Thank god :D

laceyfreckle
14th Jun 2008, 07:22 PM
this is the main reason why my OH doesn't want to carry on learning to ride:rolleyes:

i DID tell him on our 1hr trek (mainly in trot) in Cuba that it was rather silly of him to wear shorts with no pants underneath.:p:p:p

horse__obsessed
14th Jun 2008, 07:31 PM
ride standing up :D

x-Marmite-x
14th Jun 2008, 07:41 PM
ride standing up :D

Now, hang on . . . i had to ride standing up for 15mins solid and when my legs finally packed up i came down with an almighty thump - i wouldn't have wanted to have been a man then :eek::o:p!

Not having the inconveniantly-placed male anatomy myself, i guess the only sensible suggestion i have is to assess his riding position and wear padded undies to prevent further knocks :eek:! Oh yes, and to post my sympathy it doesn't sound very comfortable!

millys mum
14th Jun 2008, 09:12 PM
How about a cricket box, surely that would work.

skips and soda
14th Jun 2008, 09:15 PM
Sorry Oddie, but it's bringing tears to my eyes too ......LOL:D

Yep, mine too! Lol! :D

Wouldn't a cricket box look a bit, ermm, obvious? :o

millys mum
14th Jun 2008, 09:19 PM
Make him get a bit of attention

skips and soda
14th Jun 2008, 09:24 PM
Make him get a bit of attention

Rofl! :D:D

I'm sure he'd be very popular! Lol!

Tarka
14th Jun 2008, 09:27 PM
Wrap bubblewrap round it? :p

skips and soda
14th Jun 2008, 09:29 PM
Wrap bubblewrap round it? :p

Lao! I'm never going to be able to look at bubble wrap in the same light again! :p

palmerlover52
14th Jun 2008, 10:02 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/Jasonisazombie/emperor-of-catkind.jpg
*snort*
Sorry :o Childish mood.

Try doing a search on NR there have been a fair few men in this situation! I'd say cycling shorts or padded ones are best.

Gasbag
14th Jun 2008, 10:23 PM
OMG Palmalover52 you crack me up.....please tell me the cat is not wearing padded boxer shorts.....ha ha ROFL :D :D :D

Tarka
14th Jun 2008, 10:24 PM
lawl @ lolcat. ai loev lolcatz. :D

clairey259
14th Jun 2008, 11:25 PM
Umm, not sure what to suggest without being rude or childish so i think i may just leave it at ................................................................... *snigger* (sorry lads!!!)

Calder
15th Jun 2008, 09:00 AM
There is good advice on this page:

http://www.horse-sense.org/archives/20050911123125.php

The article suggests wearing a dance belt (male dancer's jockstrap), and these can help, in combination with 'dressing' not from one side to the other, but upwards. The longer-term solution is learning to sit back.

Odie
15th Jun 2008, 12:18 PM
There is good advice on this page:

http://www.horse-sense.org/archives/20050911123125.php

The article suggests wearing a dance belt (male dancer's jockstrap), and these can help, in combination with 'dressing' not from one side to the other, but upwards. The longer-term solution is learning to sit back.

Thanks, we have answers at last :cool:

Caritay
15th Jun 2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks for all the advice, and laughs!! Bubble wrap sounds... interesting. :D

After watching him ride today, he does lean slightly forward in the saddle when in rising trot. Being new to riding he will correct his position with time.

He had his first canter today and loved it!! Not bad for only his 6th half hour lesson.

AengusOg
16th Jun 2008, 08:50 AM
Pants only hold everything in the same position.

Better with none, then it can all move around and keep out of trouble. :)

OoOGazOoO
16th Jun 2008, 09:32 AM
Haha this thread is funny. :)

DavidH
16th Jun 2008, 09:41 AM
Now you all know why men seem to pick up riding faster than women. They have a very painfull incentive to do so quickly :p

Julz
16th Jun 2008, 09:44 AM
My boyfriend started riding a month or so ago and is having problems with the rising trot, if you know what I mean!!!!! :p

He is wearing lycra skin tight boxer shorts at the moment but still keeps catching his bits.

Any ideas?

He is not balanced enough, and needs to sort out his sitting position in order to rise properly and not catch himself...plenty male riders ride without this discomfort. Perhaps the saddle seat isnt big enough for him?

shame on you others for making fun of him.... How to put guys off riding..... Tell a bunch of cackling women! :(

Trewsers
16th Jun 2008, 09:48 AM
Now you all know why men seem to pick up riding faster than women. They have a very painfull incentive to do so quickly :p

So true:p OH progressed rapidly in our first lessons of learning rising trot:D Tho he did ask the teacher if there were any special undergarbs available, she nearly choked laughing.....:p

rhsw
17th Jun 2008, 06:09 PM
PMSL, poor blokes, must be hard doing the sitting trot :D:D.

ilovefells
17th Jun 2008, 06:49 PM
Oh heck, I nearly fell off the settee laughing at this thread!!:D Sorry men, don't mean to be cruel and us ladies do have our own problems you know with certain 'bits'!

Seriously, I am working on some new designs for my saddle range and also considering making a special seat for the Comfort saddle- although I have in the past recommended to our gentlemen friends that they can pull up the small tab at the front of the seat for extra <ahem> comfort.

So, men, let's hear any sensible input or suggestions please!

Thanks, Sue

Odie
17th Jun 2008, 08:42 PM
Oh heck, I nearly fell off the settee laughing at this thread!!:D Sorry men, don't mean to be cruel and us ladies do have our own problems you know with certain 'bits'!

Seriously, I am working on some new designs for my saddle range and also considering making a special seat for the Comfort saddle- although I have in the past recommended to our gentlemen friends that they can pull up the small tab at the front of the seat for extra <ahem> comfort.

So, men, let's hear any sensible input or suggestions please!

Thanks, Sue

Do away with the pommel, and stick plenty of padding at the front.:D

Joyscarer
17th Jun 2008, 09:09 PM
Sorry men, don't mean to be cruel and us ladies do have our own problems you know with certain 'bits'!

We cetainly do :rolleyes:

Having done a 3 1/2 hour ride yesterday and a 3 hour one today I have another serious case of 'chub rub' on me bum :o

skips and soda
17th Jun 2008, 09:17 PM
shame on you others for making fun of him.... How to put guys off riding..... Tell a bunch of cackling women! :(

It was only a bit of fun, anyway to be fair answers were given and most blokes would realise that it was all a bit of a laugh. Most blokes I know anyway, but maybe they're just odd? Being in rugby changing rooms most of the time must harden them to most comments! :rolleyes:

Ah well, I'm afraid I have nothing helpful to offer, I'm the girl who no guys will ride bareback with cos I tend to go and have a gallop and leave them struggling! :p None of them take it personally! Even when I laugh! As far as I know none of them have given up riding either! Lol!

artemis
18th Jun 2008, 11:51 AM
I understand that a "jock strap" is needed. I know my friend got one for her son.

sancho
18th Jun 2008, 11:56 AM
Can you imagine the noise from the bubble wrap!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::D

Caritay
18th Jun 2008, 12:05 PM
Just burst out laughing in my office at the thought of the popping sound. Very funny. My other half just keeps rolling his eyes at the comments but he takes it all in good humour.

chickyd444
18th Jun 2008, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=Caritay;1752124]After watching him ride today, he does lean slightly forward in the saddle when in rising trot. Being new to riding he will correct his position with time[QUOTE]

i should imagine he will correct his position quite quickly if he keeps whacking it on the pommel ;):D

Firefly
18th Jun 2008, 03:14 PM
Legend has it Sumo wrestlers can retract their testicles back into their bodies before a fight.:eek: Get practicing :D :D