PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunate horse and double posting

dancing-horse
5th Jan 2006, 11:38 PM
Hello. Today I had a lesson after three weeks and I was rather stiff and as it appears so was my mount. The horse I ride normally in lessons has been off for 3 weeks for christmas break as well. he has a hock problem so he seemed very stiff. I stretched his legs before mounting and we did not notice the problem until we began trotting. He had a limp which my RI suspected was from his lack of being ridden and probably just grazing for three weeks and we expected he would loosen up soon. He did within a few minutes and I heard all his bones cracking in his legs. However, the problem only got worse with the lesson and at the touch his leg was hot and inflamed. I'm, puzzled to what it could be, but I am sure he is going to be OK. We still got a canter done and we even got to learn something new...double posting (down up up). I didn't do well on it at first, having the urge to lean back but by my last try I was doing pretty well. Any tips on how I can improve it for next week.

thanks

Horseswillrule1
5th Jan 2006, 11:47 PM
I'm sorry, I am not quite sure I understand your question. Is it to do with the horse or yourself??

Please explain...:o :o :(