Banner Design by Maria McKenna - Click for Home
Click for Home

Go Back   New Rider Message Board > Main Arena > Training of the Rider

Notices

Old 31st Mar 2012, 06:04 PM

EE lessons

Skye went on a course with Heather Moffet down in Devon and came back wanting to have EE lessons with someone Heather said could help her and Lunan.

So I am also thinking of having a lesson too as I have not had a lesson in ages with not riding for five months. But I am an unconfident wuss at times.

Does anybody else who is novice have EE lessons and how have you found it helps you as a rider and your horse? Approximately how much would the lesson cost? Can it really help your riding when you are a middle aged novice rider with confidence issues or am I wishful thinking. Eva is never going to be a show jumper and neither am I but I would one day like to be able to do a basic dressage test and not make a complete fool of us both. Is this the way to go?

Help
Old 31st Mar 2012, 06:08 PM

I also have Skye's copy of the new EE book to read during the holidays if I can prise it away from her

I don't have a clue what EE is about but I have of course heard of Heather Moffet from horse magazine articles over the years, But it was to advanced for me to understand at the time.

But I know I can happily ride Eva out in my paddocks or even hacking when I am confident enough but I also feel I want to learn to ride her properly and to use the correct muscles etc. Also for her to carry herself and me as well as she can.

Last edited by Native Lover; 31st Mar 2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 31st Mar 2012, 07:42 PM

EE is not complicated. It is rather more involved than "kick and pull" but it it not rocket science either! The main thing is all horses seem to understand it and appreciate the difference. This make communication between the two of you much better (always a good thing!). Here is the teachers page for your area, although there may also be trainee's.

http://www.enlightenedequitation.com/teacher_findWM.htm
Old 31st Mar 2012, 11:10 PM

i had EE lessons before xmas on a green cob and my confidence low and they helped immensely so would really recommend getting some, mine cost 30 for 45mins, my instructor gave me a lot of confidence too well worth getting
Old 1st Apr 2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyt1 View Post
EE is not complicated. It is rather more involved than "kick and pull" but it it not rocket science either! The main thing is all horses seem to understand it and appreciate the difference. This make communication between the two of you much better (always a good thing!). Here is the teachers page for your area, although there may also be trainee's.

http://www.enlightenedequitation.com/teacher_findWM.htm
Skye was reccomended Sam Jamieson from Lincolnshire. I have been in touch found out the prices, and booked our first lesson

Last edited by Native Lover; 1st Apr 2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 1st Apr 2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline/halle View Post
i had EE lessons before xmas on a green cob and my confidence low and they helped immensely so would really recommend getting some, mine cost 30 for 45mins, my instructor gave me a lot of confidence too well worth getting
Thats good to know, I am not the most confident rider either So it is nice you reccomend, thank you for you input.
Old 1st Apr 2012, 09:11 PM

Sam is ace
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 09:16 AM

I am also looking for someone with a simulator to helpp me learn how to canter, where would be the nearest to Lincolnshire?
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 10:02 AM

Sam will know the answer to that one, although I think she uses and exercise ball to help get the feel for it.
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 01:12 PM
Remember me?

A good instructor will work with you at the level you are not what they want you to be.

Enjoy and work together recognising achievable goals and how to work towards them using the tools around, ie horse, simulator, ball thingy, etc.

Daily ramblings - http://myshetland.co.uk/
Thordale Stud - http://www.thordale.co.uk
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 04:06 PM

I had to cancel the lesson was going to cost 40 + 40 travel expenses I just don't have that sort of money spare every month Gutted
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 06:23 PM

Oh that's a shame! If you want to pm me I can see if their are any trainees that might be nearer you? Also some EETs do travel widely so they may be able to tie you in with other people having lessons in your area.