Banner Design by Maria McKenna - Click for Home
Click for Home

Old 4th Feb 2008, 08:17 PM
SJ queen!

Question best jods

my best jods are horsewhere or some cheap robbinsons ones. i find the cheaper the comfyer! but im strange i think my mum dropped me when i was young so i've got a screw loose. what do you all think make the best/comfyest jods?
Old 4th Feb 2008, 08:23 PM

I like my Caldene ones I bought when I was about 18, I'm 34 now

Needless to say they have a saggy bum to match mine

I have bought others in the past 18 months but still like my tatty old Caldene's and only wear the others if the old favs are in the wash
Old 4th Feb 2008, 08:29 PM

I managed to "win" a pair of Musto jods on Ebay for 23 instead of 50rrp.... they are soooooooo comfy!
Old 4th Feb 2008, 08:30 PM

Bought a navy blue pair from tally-ho 4 years ago. They've survived being worn nearly all the time since then and have withstood 3 1/2st of weight fluctuation (i went up 3st, then down 3 1/2 ) they're warm in winter, cool in summer, nice and stretchy so comfy for long hacks and they've held their colour amazingly well (although they're starting to look a little purpley). There is a hole where if you think about it, it would be most logical to get a hole considering how you sit on a horse but you can't see it at all and a bit of DIY sewing and they're right as rain now! They're a good length and although i keep buying new pairs, i can't bring myself to throw them away and keep digging them back out of the drawer! If i could find an identical pair, but new again, i'd get them no question; they were a bargain for 25 and they've totally paid for themselves !
Old 4th Feb 2008, 08:54 PM

Smile

Saddlecraft make the comfiest cotton/lycra ordinary jodhs I think
Katy jods from Equestrianclearance are really hard wearing and the ones I got (10 pairs for 60, all black) are quite nylony on the outside but actually soft brushed inside. They are my day to day ones
I like the upper ranges from Horka but do find seams split (and not due to me trying to get into sizes too small!)
Old 5th Feb 2008, 02:52 PM

i also have horseware ones which i love, they are really comfy and light material yet really warm in the winter and cool in the summer!
Old 5th Feb 2008, 02:53 PM
Schooling fan

i love equitech, very stretchy fabric and pretty colours they seem to wear well too
Old 5th Feb 2008, 08:46 PM
Every Day Is A School Day

my robinsons ones are lasting well but I like the phoenix ones for VFM.
Old 6th Feb 2008, 01:42 PM

I got some cheap joddys on a stall at a show (no brand) for 7 (we made him bargain lol) and they have lasted 2 1/2 years so far with continuous wear.
they are comfy, and a good colour- yellow with black check i used to have yellow wellies aswell so when i rode out they always saw me!
Old 6th Feb 2008, 01:43 PM

i like K*ty jods off equestrian clearance, they are cheap and really comfortable, and even fit my legs and i am 5"10
Old 6th Feb 2008, 06:16 PM

for basic jods I like Gorringe 400's I now have 3 pairs!
Old 6th Feb 2008, 06:21 PM
Often indecisive...

http://www.horsingaroundsaddlery.co....rs--jt770.html

REALLY warm and comfy! I especially like the high supportive waisband - not that I've got anything to hold in, but its just comfy.

I have the red and navy ones and aren't that fond of the colour but its different I suppose.

x
Old 6th Feb 2008, 06:32 PM
rather be riding...

i love my harry hall atlantas. had them about 3 years and are very comfy. i now have 2 pairs, maybe going on three pairs soon