horse offered to me..
Ok, i am abit undecided at the moment, RE: buying a horse.
There is many i have seen but none that stand out at the mo.
But the horse i have been sharing, my mates horse. She has said i could have her if i wanted. This is where the deciding comes in, so if i give you the fors and the against of this, maybe you could help?
- I know this horse
- I get on with her really well
- I am the first person in a while that actually hacks her out and has fun with her, everyone else is to scared of her.
- My mate would sell her to me really cheap and i get all tacks/rugs and everything as well (Make a huge saving!)
- She has issues that i can work on and improve if i do spend more time wth her
- I know that i am going to be quite jealous of who ever rides her when/if i do get another horse.
- She is 14 yrs old , but acts alot younger! ( I was originally looking for something around the age of 6-9) But then she has really low milage.
- She is really attached to another horse on the yard, you have to work hard to get her away from her. what happens if i want to move yards?
- She is very mareish
- Also because my mate has her other horse on the yard and is always around, in a way i don't feel like she would be really all mine, she has owned her from a 2 year old! So i'm sure she would stick her nose in on many occassions
- Also another girl rides her, what is she going to do if i do buy her? She more than likely will expect to still be able to ride her?
- Why pay for the up keep of this horse, when i can go up there now and ride her whenever i like, and do what i like with her anyway?
So these are the Fors and the against, i will probably think of some more soon.
But what do you all think?
From reading this would you go for it or would you not and carrying on looking for another horse?