2018 Hacking/Riding challenge........ Add your photos and join in open to anyone.

He was a bit eyes on stalks so a bit of a tense ride for Mr T. Plus it's very very windy here today and I wasn't feeling brave enough! But I think small and often - so pleased with actually getting him in there and getting the whole thing done and dusted in a week. :D

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Beautiful weather today so went for a hack with my friend who's lost some of her confidence recently. We managed two canters, nothing crazy but we both enjoyed them and I got the chance to practice standing up in my stirrups so I'm happy with that. A bit too much walking for my liking but maybe that's because I was just being impatient and wanted to canter .

Parts of the downs are being fenced off in preparation for the Derby in a couple of weeks so that'll curtail exactly where we can go.

All in all a lovely ride, I hosed him down and took him for some grazing afterwards which was a great way to wind down.

Today's total was 6.9km in 1hr30 mins.

Totals 76.86km in 17hrs 20mins plus 180 minutes schooling.

Rode today for 30 mins in the front paddock with Melody she was really chilled tonight think she has been chasing around the other ponies or something. She's normally raring to go on her rides. Lol. My friend did two photos five weeks apart since I started back riding.... I can see a difference I hope you lot can :)

IMG_3493.JPG

What a nice weekend! On Saturday Harvey and I started by bouncing :) I set up 3 jumps about 12 feet apart and off we went. Harvey is really learning to sort his feet out now.

We have a new livery and she asked to hack with me to learn her way round so in the afternoon we had a fun wander around the lanes and bridleways.

Sunday was jumping, but poor Harvey seemed nearly asleep (he is out at night an in during the day). We did a bit of jumping in the school and then went and played over a log in the paddock which he thought was fun. After lunch I rode round the block with another livery to help exercise her veteran (she has 2 so we rode one each :) )

Finally a nice solo hack round the lanes with Harvey

Last weeks fun ride (only just got the pic)
i-G8PNjcT-XL.jpg

The bounce
i-hFKxxdG-XL.jpg

Jumping (sadly I can't jump without pulling faces!)
i-c5RMvgr-XL.jpg

Pootling :)
i-hZmcC7m-XL.jpg

Hacking
12 miles
3 hours 30

Schooling
50 minutes

Totals
Schooling
4 hours 25 minutes

Hacking
130.3 miles
39 hours 40

Hopefully back to playing and riding soon. Its been a bit topsy-turvy with Andi not wanting
Sonny out if his sight and the drama of her Pony love affair.

There is a new little glitch with one of 3 baby goats we are getting.
We took Lincoln early last week cause he was not wanting to play and the person who has them.
He is a half brother of Chester could not find a good goat vet out her way.

Long story short the issue was a neck problem that turned out to be basicly a broken neck.
He has a little cast on hes sleeping with me on the couch but hanging in there.
At the moment hes very mommy and daddy oriented and we cant leave him unattended.

Its not a 100% given this will work totally but we are giving him the best shot we can.
He is a little fighter.

He had pressure/inflammation that made it hard to walk and stand.
He has made the transition well to not using a bottle to not cock his head up and to get him going on solid food.

getting casted
IMG_4671.JPG
IMG_4639.JPG

IMG_4640.JPG

The hope is that in about 5 to 6 weeks time it will fuse and
stablelize

One of the awesome vets.
IMG_4686.JPG
Such a good daddy.
My husband is an awesome guy.

IMG_4801.JPG
Doesn't everyone have a cutie on the couch.

IMG_4839.JPG

Big progress this am walking and maneuvering with the cast.
IMG_4876.JPG

IMG_4891.JPG

Neither the vets or us are god but we are doing the best we can.
Any spare vibes appreciated.

A 3 mile quick hack yesterday and then today a 8 and half mile hack, on a very silly cob! Dont know whats got in to him! Doc leaves, scary! Leaf Falling off a tree, scary! A missed patch of grass that hadnt been cut, terrifying! Crazy animal

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    816.4 KB · Views: 1
Some hil work today, did get a good photo of our view but says file too large to upload. The photo was about the only good thing about the ride lol! I am out of sorts, alot going on and he knew it! Dint blame him though, completely my fault, but didnt want him having a day off work when hes doing so well at keep trim and u never know when the next days or weeks of rain will appear and then he will be getting fat!

Got Whisks and Amber moved closer to home for the rideouts beginning in my town.
Occasionally Whisks likes to test me to see what she can get away with, which she decided she'd try yesterday. Usually she'll test me by being typically cheeky. (prancing, false rears, spinning or planting) this time she was just refusing to lead and kept stopping if she passed Amber. She got away with this for about 20 mins before she got the stern voice and a flap with the reins. I wouldn't of minded if It wasn't the fact that when Amber leads she goes at a snail pace haha.
Screenshot_20180528-065538_Endomondo.jpg

I love long weekends - every weekend should be 3 days!

Saturday started with some jumping practice. This time I set up 2 fences - a double on one site of the school and a single on the other. The objective was to canter from one to other which sort of worked but we need a lot more practice. A nice hack round in the afternoon.

Sunday was the Cirencester fun ride with E and L. A long day for Harvey as it was 90 minutes to get there and then a 10 mile ride with loads of jumps. He as a bit mad so I generally stuck to the small logs (30cm) although there was one bit where I ran out of brakes and steering and we ending up jumping an 80cm log pile.

Harvey had earned a rest on Monday so we didn't jump. I rode Monty the veteran round the block with his owner and her other horse followed by a hack round on Harvey which I cut slightly short as my back was aching.

i-7LfdB5T-XL.jpg

Playing in the paddock :)
i-kKfv2dF-XL.jpg

Hacking
24 miles
6 hours 10

Schooling
30 minutes

Totals
Schooling
4 hours 55 minutes

Hacking