2018 - My Pony Journey

Sarosy

Apr 21, 2018
Lincoln
So, after 9 years of not being on a horse or pony, I have finally managed to 'get back in the saddle'. I was out for so long because I had put on just too much weight to ride, but 2 years ago my life turned around and had a gastric bypass. I have no regrets, and 2 years on I have my life back and am 11 stone lighter! One of my weight loss goals was to ride again, and last week it was finally achieved, when a lovely lady saw a post of mine, asking for the chance to ride, just a couple of days a week, a couple of hours at a time.

This was only last week and I am absolutely loving it! I feel so very lucky and happy to have met this lady, whom I feel after only a week I have known for years! She has invested time and patience in me, and is allowing me to ride her amazing Highland Pony called Melody and measures 14.2hh. I am so lucky! She's an amazing pony, beautiful nature, and also has patience with me :) I couldn't have been more fortunate for this opportunity, and am already looking for my own pony! I have definitely caught the bug again! Watch this space, I am looking forward to sharing my adventure!

Reactions: Native Lover
Day spent down with the ponies again today, and yesterday too (I’m already addicted! Lol). Lugged several tyres around the paddocks yesterday, and today gave one of the retired ponies (Belle) a good groom, along with Melody. Then all good intentions, it started to rain! Lol. Ended up riding still, getting wet, and bottled it after 10 mins! Next item to purchase on my riding checklist is definitely a riding coat and ear warmers! Lol. There may also be some very exciting news to tell you tomorrow, so watch this space! It’s going to be a very long night!

newrider.com