A little progress

Clava

Apr 24, 2008
On the South Downs, Hampshire
Well I took Belle out for a hack on our own this morning, haven't done this since last June (partly because the lanes were impassable and partly because I wanted to get her used to going out calmy in company first). Last time we went round the block alone she went at high speed backwards when we met a gulley and had a paddy about going through the mud. This time she didn't put a foot wrong, so we've made a little progress and I feel very pleased with her.:)
Here she is back in the stable afterwards..(couldn't take any pics when out)
DSCN21732009-01-30.jpg

DSCN21712009-01-30.jpg

and a bargain, in preparation of maybe doing a dressage test this year...cheapo leather boots - £15! from Robinsons
DSCN21782009-01-30-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it was a bit chilly, but being the wuss I am I had two coats on and a BP! Tomorrow I 've arranged to hack out again with Belle but this time with a friend on Tally - it's due to be colder but I want to ride before the snow and cold snap set in again.

Yann - I hadn't noticed the whiskers (too busy scraping off the mud):eek: and we went without hoof boots today to hopefully condition her feet a bit, she coped OK but picked her way a bit on the very rough ground.

Today on our long ride she was a complete star, even when my little friend on Tally disappeared into the distance and out of sight she let me hold her back and we did a collected canter to catch up, at least I really feel like I'm getting to know her.:)

Last edited:
Oh Belle is so lovely. I'm not really a TB fan, all a bit samey, but for some reason your Belle stands out to me. Pretty pretty girl :)

(Ps...nice boots :D How wide are they round the calf?)

Oh Belle is so lovely. I'm not really a TB fan, all a bit samey, but for some reason your Belle stands out to me. Pretty pretty girl :)

(Ps...nice boots :D How wide are they round the calf?)

Thankyou, that's a lovely thing to say. She was a star today.:)
About 15 " (tape round the outside), they seem to fit OK, but being so cheap they were worth the risk.:D

Ooh, I'm 14" round the calf with jeans on, and my jodhs are thicker :cool: Ordering me some of those, thanks for measuring :D

Not that I'm going to ride for a good few months. But I will feel special :p

newrider.com