Dismiss Notice

Hi, we hope you enjoy looking around New Rider. We are a very friendly board so don't feel afraid to ask your questions. Register now, say 'Hello' and join in the conversations.

A really good weekend!

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by Laura44, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Laura44

Laura44 New Member

Hi all, just want to vent my buzz! Had THE BEST two lessons yesterday & today and on two different horses. Yesterday I felt like I finally had my big boy listening to me and wanting to do what I told him... it was such a good lesson Usually after a good lesson comes a bad for me, but today on the smaller horse, he was also a little gem! He's really fussy with his canter aids, but after a bit of faffing we got there too! Two horses, two good lessons - happy me!! Feeling like I'm progressing again! Woohoo!

Cortrasna and GaryB like this.
  2. Trewsers

Trewsers Well-Known Member

3. RayRay

RayRay Active Member

That's great I would love the canter.

4. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Laura44

Laura44 New Member

Canter is awesome, but I'm also terrified of it (first fall was an attempt at canter, messy, not a pretty day for me!), so it's massive for my little head to get into the mindset that I CAN do it!! I even sat a nasty little spook in canter last week, surprised myself and the RI girls!! When you get to canter, if you struggle as much as I do, just remember it isn;t as easy as it looks, you can do it; you just have to RELAX! and you'll be fine :)

6. RayRay

RayRay Active Member

Yeah not there yet apart from a few strites accidently while I was trotting :p

7. Hope Price

Hope Price Well known member

Thats great! No better feeling then when you feel the horse understand and accept you and its like you are flying and reading each others minds.

The FREE site for selling smallholdings, farms and rural properties