A really good weekend!

Laura44

Mar 6, 2017
Hi all, just want to vent my buzz! Had THE BEST two lessons yesterday & today and on two different horses. Yesterday I felt like I finally had my big boy listening to me and wanting to do what I told him... it was such a good lesson Usually after a good lesson comes a bad for me, but today on the smaller horse, he was also a little gem! He's really fussy with his canter aids, but after a bit of faffing we got there too! Two horses, two good lessons - happy me!! Feeling like I'm progressing again! Woohoo!

That's great I would love the canter.
Canter is awesome, but I'm also terrified of it (first fall was an attempt at canter, messy, not a pretty day for me!), so it's massive for my little head to get into the mindset that I CAN do it!! I even sat a nasty little spook in canter last week, surprised myself and the RI girls!! When you get to canter, if you struggle as much as I do, just remember it isn;t as easy as it looks, you can do it; you just have to RELAX! and you'll be fine :)

Thats great! No better feeling then when you feel the horse understand and accept you and its like you are flying and reading each others minds.

newrider.com