Aaaaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
also want to add to my 2 cents worth, it was a killer on the knees too. and may i ask what happens when you release your spooked and bolting horse? as you come to a sudden stop, do you just topple over the front and get your head kicked in as your horse asses up as he gallops away? or is there some sort of airbag device attatched to it to keep you in? ( now THAT would rattle your horse if it went off enexpectedly- ha ha(joke)

From what I have seen you jump off the back, drop the reins and the horse, miraculously comes to a halt and eats grass.

I want to know what is to stop you just falling out the back door if the horse sppoks without giving him a jab in the mouth and making things potentially 100 times worse.

the guy who broke my mare and taught me ( or THE BIBLE, underlined, as my groom/passenger person calls him now !! ) but, he seriously gave such good advice and training and safety hints, tips, and lectures, that i would be a fool to ignore them, and have only diverted the littlest bit on a couple of minor things in 7 years. anyway, he advised me to not ever to consider buying a cart with phnuematic tyres, because, apart from not being able to have them in a class, if they burst, there can be a loud bang, and a pull to the side, sufficient to spook your horse, or shy violently, throwing you into traffic.

"Denbenj This I find the most repulsive video ever, if this is how he teaches people to 'drive'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZMPcEreTQk
does he have ANY idea "

I feel that the words "most repulsive video ever" a rather a overstatement. Do you mean in regards to the several Saddlechariot video available on the net, any video ever made?
As to "if this is how he teaches people to 'drive' from my experience, no it isn't. I thought you might like to (or hate depending on how you feel) see this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OUx_xow1Qk
This shows the wheelchair prototype version, and before anyone starts jumping up and down in disgust, no it doesn't look smart. It's a prototype, that means ...... well if your not sure what the word means took it up. Neither am I or anyone else is suggesting that anyone do this with any untrained pony at a public event. The pony Obama, used in this clip has had a great deal of training for pubic events, both pony and vehicle have a public liability insurance and Mr Mulholland and others were very close in the event of an accident. I suppose I could go on and on trying to pre guess all the criticism that usually follows any post I make, but I expect someone will find something native to say. Bring it on :)
Just for the record if you watch the above video you'll find the words "World Peace Day" which leads me to one of the most inspiring videos I have ever seem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow3LHUlc4ns&feature=channel

This video is why Mr Mulholland brought Obama to Exeter for the event on the 20th of September this year. I'm telling you this because Mr Mulholland, a great many people and myself feel, that World Peace and the fact that mankind now has one day where is is world peace (as far as possible) something wonderful. The fact that last year over 1.4 million children were inoculated against polio alone because of this day is incredible. Having been a polio victim since 1953 I know just how "repulsive" the disease can be. So as Sparky Lily said "put that in your pipe and smoke it", which I find very apt. "Peace Pipes" is one way in which mankind has settled disputes, I'd rather that then a Nuclear Bomb.

I apologise in advance for digressing from the original topic, but before the event in Exeter I only found 7 people who had even heard of World Peace Day out of the 300 or people I spoke to about it. The more people world wide who commit to World Peace the more chance we stand of persuading groverments to try to settle disputes with out resorting to violence against innocent men, women and children. For those of us who love horses, have you any idea just how many horses have been slaughtered in the name of war over the centuries ?

I wish it was all in the past but it's still happening now, but horses (like any animal) as war victims just don't seem to be news worthy. :mad:
Some time we do hear of the wonderful sniffer dogs that help us find the "repulsive" bombs left around being wounded or dying, but not a lot else.

yeah! driving with finesse! rein flapping, HAT flapping!!! and doesnt the pony look happy and comfortable---not. but i eat my words about a lack of seat, as i see there is one afterall.

Well, he says he never carries a whip, he just encourages folk to constantly annoy the horse by rein flappin.

LIGHTBULB moment, that's maybe why the bitless thing is pushed so hard too! Any pony wearing a bit and having to endure that would have no mouth left.

overstatement !?

No I find it repulsive :)

That pony he uses is VERY patient! it needs a god damm medal.

Thats a fine way to teach someone, whack the horse with your hat, and flap the reins! Another video I watched the guy had wrapped the reins round his hands a few times :eek:

Proffesional !! as Jim Royal says

Myyyy Arrrrssseeeeeee !:p

yeah! driving with finesse! rein flapping, HAT flapping!!! and doesnt the pony look happy and comfortable---not. but i eat my words about a lack of seat, as i see there is one afterall.

Did you not spot the little bicycle seat you perch on! :rolleyes: :D

In the video i posted above, at one point he says " stand up, its easier"

Status
Not open for further replies.
newrider.com