amazon couriers :(

CharliesAngel

Jan 15, 2010
i need a rant!

We have a track up to our house and gates at the bottom of it with a large box for parcels.

Months ago, Amazon started using a local courier instead of DPD in our area and we had an Amazon package left for a house about 1/4 mile along the road. I walked along with it and left it for them. A few weeks later it happened again and again, I went and dropped it off. Then about a month ago it happened again but for a different house!! Again I popped it along to the people in question. However last weekend a box was left in there yet again for the first house and I was running about left, right and centre doing things and didn't have time to take it along. I admit Im completely fed up of it now and so I called Amazon to complain and ask for it to be collected. I was assured it would be collected the next day and they said to leave it in the parcel box.. so I did, along with a pleasant note saying please NB this is “farm name” and “ suchandsuch- a-house” is ... followed by directions. A thank you and a smiley face :) . 2 days later I realised it was still there so i called Amazon again to be told they had no note at all of my call and no collection had been arranged. This time another collection was arranged for the next day. The next day came and I was out.. and got a text from DPD saying, sorry we missed you to collect your Amazon return!! Arrgh!! So I called them again and explained it needed to be Amazon Logistics and please please I just wanted someone to tell them to deliver to the right address!! I’ve had such a busy week and have been running about stressed like a blue ***** fly :( Eventually, I got an email saying Amazon Logistics were coming today to collect it... but I now I was feeling increasingly guilty and uncomfortable about the fact the poor person along the road might have really needed whatever was in the box :( Anyway , i happened to be walking along the track this afternoon when the driver showed up and I went to speak to him to thank him and to explain I wasn’t being awkward but I really just needed it to stop happening! Turns out he had taken my note into his van (i saw it on the passenger seat) and he said he was going to take it as a ‘souvenir’... he also said he knows the local Hermes Courier and he had told him he had delivered something to us yesterday and seen this note & the waiting Amazon box and they had had a good laugh about it ?! He then went on to say he was away to take it down to the neighbours and would be telling them it had sat here for days :( now Im mortified and the people along the road are going to think Im terrible !

The driver sounds like a muppet, the parcel owners will only blame Amazon, it's not your fault or your job to deliver their packages.

Personally they are very lucky you are such an honest person! If that happened round here someone would just claim it and pretend they hadn't even seen it.

Stuff like that used to happen all the time at our old house. For some reason they used to think it acceptable to leave my stuff four or five miles away at addresses of folk I hadn't ever met! They once left a parcel at a pub, so I asked them to go and collect it, as I was so sick of it happening and didn't think it was my job to go to a pub and ask for a package that I had paid to have delivered to my home. And considering I work from home and was there 99% of the time it was a bit pants. Don't worry about what's happened as already said, they will just think they are muppets, not you!

aw thanks guys i really hope so, i like to try and a be a good a neighbour and Id hate them to think i was being petty

I'm rural but not as rural as you, I get Amazon stuff delivered to my local Post office now as this seems to be the only way I am guaranteed to get parcels

Reactions: newforest
newrider.com