Anti mane loss rug

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Saw these rugs mentioned ages ago, think they won an award for innovation or something, and I looked out for them but came to the conclusion that for some reason they didn't go ahead with putting them into production. Anyway they popped up on my FB feed today, they're Fieldmasta rugs, with a domed neck, and are on the Harryhall.com website. Anyone seen them yet?

I just went and had a look, interesting concept, not seen them before or heard of anyone who has got one, I'll follow with interest :)

Reactions: Bodshi
Brook has one! I got it mainly as its a 100g and was reduced to £50 in my local shop! She has so much mane anyway she doesnt suffer with rubbing but Im very impressed with the fit and i imagine they would certainly help!

Brook has one! I got it mainly as its a 100g and was reduced to £50 in my local shop! She has so much mane anyway she doesnt suffer with rubbing but Im very impressed with the fit and i imagine they would certainly help!

What a bargain! If I could find one for £50 I'd give it a go - Raf always loses mane with a full neck and his mane is so fine that it shows. He mainly (no pun intended) rubs on the join between rug and neck and I can't see how they can get round that problem - the rug must still sit on the bottom of the neck surely? But I can see the theory behind preventing mane loss through overheating.

Reactions: Jessey
Seen them reduced to £70.
I suppose my thoughts could be that if you have a horse with really thick mane, does it need a neck section at all?
Or are they referring to the mane that's around the withers getting rubbed? I noticed that the Rambo would do that if I kept it because of how its cut- for mine.

iHPu4gM.jpg

so i think there would still be a pressure point where my hand is that would rub..

brook has a HUGE mane but she is fully clipped and it only covers one side of her neck ;)

Z7dIJy2.jpg

Reactions: Bodshi
I think the depth of body would be too long for us.
The Rambo looked more like a dress.

newrider.com