Anyone used the supplement Quitt?

DaisyAM

May 26, 2016
Morning all,
Anyone got any experience of the supplement Quitt, used for horses that chew timber? Is it high in calories? Thanks.

I've no experience of it, but looking at the ingredients and the amount fed I can't see it's going to put weight on. However I also can't see anything that wouldn't be covered by a few damped alfalfa pellets to carry a good vitamin & mineral supplement.

Have you tried hanging a salt lick from the spot they like.
Friend has done this and they lick that and stroll off.

I've no experience of it, but looking at the ingredients and the amount fed I can't see it's going to put weight on. However I also can't see anything that wouldn't be covered by a few damped alfalfa pellets to carry a good vitamin & mineral supplement.

Thanks Carthorse (think I prematurely pressed enter there.....). My horse was chewing the timber posts in the field a few months ago so started her on Quitt - she's put some weight on so was wondering if it might be that. Have been told by others that Arabs tend to eat bark and wood but have no idea if that's true?!

Have you tried hanging a salt lick from the spot they like.
Friend has done this and they lick that and stroll off.
Thanks, it was more of an issue on the fence posts so wondered if it was a vitamin deficiency or maybe a bit stressy about something.

Zi adore wood. We've had most fence rails eaten. Now we use cribox. It's smelly and sticky but he doesn't like it.
Thanks - she's not a traditional cribber so thought I'd try Quitt for the vitamin side. Might double net her hay as she's obviously getting enough grub with the weight gain!

newrider.com