beach riding...?

ncharibo65

Nina :)
Nov 5, 2007
UK
As I live by the coast, I was wondering if anyone knew generally the rules and regulations of beach riding?
I know (I dont have a horse at the moment but I was just wondering) that it would be a good idea to check with the council before doing anything
which I would do anyway but I was just wondering, do riders need permission or anything?
Thanks for reading :)

it depends on the local council to the beach you want to ride on.One of our beaches you can only go on from October til March,5miles up the road though you can go on anytime of the year and a further 10 miles on from that you can go on the beach anytime in winter or after 7pm in the summer but you have to notify the beach carpark in advance so as they can be there to ensure you don't get locked in.

We can go to The beach near us all year round... i think:rolleyes::eek: ...everyone practices trotting races there... there's riders 2 :) .. i think people =just get out of the way of the trotters ;]

It depends on the beach. Check with the council to find out who owns it and what the regulations are. Some beaches allow unrestricted access to horses, but most will have some kind of restrictions. Others are privately owned and do not allow horseriders at all.
Even when you're using a beach within its regulations, I'd say that the important thing is to be respectful to other beach-users. Give people a wide berth even if you're just walking past them. Only go fast when you have plenty of room to avoid people. Watch out for loose dogs and children. That kind of thing :)

Where do you live stickortwist??

newrider.com