Bella is poorly *healing vibes please* + pics

*Solo's Mum*

Solo and Bella
May 21, 2006
"Sunny" Swindon
well i am posting this for those interested.
Bella came in from the field leg swollen and pretty lame.
Called vet under fur she found 5 wounds, 2 above the hock one over the hock joint and 2 below the hock. We came to the conclusion that the cuts were infected.
There isn't any barbed wire she coud have done it on so we are assumong she has done it on the hedgeline.
So she is on box rest saturday vet gave her 1 big ol injection on anti bios and a little one. and put her on 2 sachets powder anti biosa day. I called vet oput to re assess on wednesday for peace of mind etc. good thing too. Vet has decided that powders are not strong enough to push out the infection so she is now on daily injectiosn of anti bios into the vein by the vet. The vet also decided to hot poutice the bottom wound [the worst] the other 4 are fine its the bottom one. She is sore when you touch it and it is oozing. The bandage it very weird too! not done with vet wrap etc!
She was going to xray it on friday but the vet that came up for her tonight said he thinks they should wait untill mondasy when the anti bio course has finnished and assess. Lucky we changed her from e&l hey
anyway here are pics..taken yday [wed]
see the size of her fetlock her whole leg was like that sat sun and mon morn
081126_152903.jpg

cuts
081126_152918.jpg

her condition
081126_153248.jpg

081126_153304.jpg

081126_153040.jpg

081126_153018.jpg

solo
081126_153600.jpg

081126_153553.jpg

ty for reading
healing vibes needed
xxx

Oh dear - I Know from personal experience how hard hock wounds are to heal so sending you lots and lots of healing vibes, poor gorgeous Bella - I'm sure she'll be a-okay very soon! xxx

Hope she feels better soon. I hate it when things like this happens, she sounds a bit like my boy though, can cut themsselves on fresh air and would get an infection in any conditions, clean or not!

And Forest can go lame just standing still! :p

im just worrying even mopre so cause you know the whol drim thing. the vets seem to think she;lll heel though!

thanks everyone for the healing vibes.
she really appriciates them as do i!
xx

Ooh Jess, they look nasty.... I wonder what the hell she did :confused:

Hope she starts to improve now that the anti-b's have been upped.

xxxx

newrider.com