Bug bites gone odd

I would have the vet back out and have the skin closely examined and tested for whatefer type of parasitic worms you have in your region. Especially if you are in an area where there are other livestock prone to parasitic worms. Those parasites are zoonotic more often than not.

I would have the vet back out and have the skin closely examined and tested for whatefer type of parasitic worms you have in your region. Especially if you are in an area where there are other livestock prone to parasitic worms. Those parasites are zoonotic more often than not.
The vet was adamant it's not parasites living in/on the skin, could be a result of bug bites gone funny but I am less inclined to believe this now given he's getting new ones and is rugged and most biters have been dormant.

What are the scabs like? Are they dry, or greasy?
It's dry scaly skin, not an actual blood/serum scab

The vet was adamant it's not parasites living in/on the skin, could be a result of bug bites gone funny but I am less inclined to believe this now given he's getting new ones and is rugged and most biters have been dormant.

What are the scabs like? Are they dry, or greasy?
It's dry scaly skin, not an actual blood/serum scab
View attachment 109796
How about something like this?
Hmm I don't know. The bumps aren't red, and there's no pus that I have seen, there's just a tiny lump, the skin over it goes crusty and if I pick it off there's the little hole under it. They aren't sore, or particularly itchy. I don't think it's saddle related (as in from sweat under the saddle) because he's only worn a saddle twice for minute, and they started before he was rugged.

The last lot had just cleared up and now thereā€™s new ones šŸ˜– 636F977D-59C6-424A-BABB-C47D44FDC392.jpegFF0B48D2-7EB4-478B-A95D-C7D2D4FA5DEF.jpegC6BF0C66-4871-4B95-B121-A5197C11B9EC.jpeg
It must be bug bites, they appeared after a couple of rugless days. Were initially very itchy for 24 hours, then not just a lump, then scabby. Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s ticks, oddly only on his back tho.

On further research I am 98% sure these are from tick bites. Apparently they can get granuloma from them which is why the lump stays around for months. I'm going to have to up the deosect frequency (I slacked at the end of last summer) and get more guineas!

newrider.com