Claire Lilley Training Kit- Any good??

Fruit Loop

Sep 8, 2005
Warwickshire
Thinking about buying a 'training made easy kit' that was featured in this months Your Horse as this year is the year we are going to crack on with it.

Has anyone used it or would recommend it?

Yes, I read that article, I'm reluctant to spend £50 on it! Especially as I already have a Chambon and side reins. I already lunge with two lines as I find that he moves forward better with the line around his bum.

The only thing I don't have is the 'feelines'. When I looked really closely at the pictures it seems as if the extra clips are very much like old leadrope clips. Next time I lunge I was thinking of using/attaching the two lines as suggested in the diagram.

I stand to be corrected by anybody who has used/owns the kit, because in theory it does look good, but I do think the price is a bit much.

What would be the point behind a training kit? Don't all horses have different needs? Wouldnt it be pointless? because one method could possible work on every horse.. could it?

Or is it a bunch of items to use while training? and instructions on what they are used for?

Or is it a bunch of items to use while training? and instructions on what they are used for?

It is a kit containing a chambon, side reins and basically two long lines used for lunging and comes with a DVD to show you how to use it etc.

It is supposed to be a progressive 'training' kit for horses, starting with the chambon to encourage the horse to stretch through his back and neck, when happy and relaxed with this and developed muscles along his back, belly and haunches; move onto the sidereins to encourage the horse to work on the bit; once he can stretch and work in an outline then you are ready to develop strength and ability to collect, flex etc using the feelines. (taken from the Your Horse magazine (issue 291) article page 120).

:)

We have on the yard the John Whittacker kit. It was about £80. Its easy to use and almost all the horses work well in it. We got it from Robinsons.

Libbyo :)

Thinking about buying a 'training made easy kit' that was featured in this months Your Horse as this year is the year we are going to crack on with it.

Has anyone used it or would recommend it?
Hi. The idea of the lunge kit came about because many of my clients who were new to lungeing, or working with a new horse and needed a regime to follow, were struggling to find useful advice, or the appropriate equipment to use. I came up with useful items for training a horse on the lunge/long-reining in one bag. This is my way of training a horse, and I have used it with all my horses over many years. If you have any questions, please ask. Claire

newrider.com