Confidence is a Funny Thing

Yay you!

I'm a great believer in if it feels right, do it, as the nerves can be squashed somewhat when your head's in the right place. I did it one day with Kels - everyone had been riding, with me watching, and they were all done and I went in the stable to Kels, and it was as if she'd said "Come on, let's do it!" so I literally ran to the tack room and grabbed saddle and bridle, got on and rode her right down the path to the open field, then we turned round and came back. There was no pressure, and everyone was really pleased with us, specially cos I just rode off without telling anyone.

I'm giving myself one week only with the new pone, just doing groundwork to help her settle, then I'm going to ride her, even if it's just three times round the school (I always say I'm just going to have a sit, or just a short walk, whatever, as I end up doing just a tiny bit more once I'm on board). My goal is to ride her round to the shows at my old yard this summer, even if we don't enter any classes.

Let's make 2012 our year!

Thats a sturdy little bugger. Nice to see that it is not just mine that are covered in gutters.

Lol, yep definitely sturdy, and he's a bugger, but the 'little' would have to be mean't tongue in cheek.....he's a short legged 15.2hh 750kg bulldozer. :tongue:

What are gutters? (I really should know this shouldn't I?:redface:)

I'm giving myself one week only with the new pone, just doing groundwork to help her settle, then I'm going to ride her, even if it's just three times round the school (I always say I'm just going to have a sit, or just a short walk, whatever, as I end up doing just a tiny bit more once I'm on board). My goal is to ride her round to the shows at my old yard this summer, even if we don't enter any classes.

Let's make 2012 our year!

Good luck with the new ponio DD, and I totally agree, lets make 2012 our year. Third time lucky for me! But heh, we learn from our past experiences don't we.

newrider.com