Conformation Critique Please.......

Lacetti

Jun 24, 2008
Essex
Lexi, my 3yo

She is out of an ISH mare who Grand-sire is Ballenvilla and Great Grand-sire is King of Diamonds...

By Temple Carone, pure bred Holstien

I will compete stressage next year, but my main aim is to SJ and XC with her. I would like to show her under saddle next year, but have no idea what class to do.... Riding Horse (she's going to mature over 17hh), or Hunter classes - dunno if she's a hunter type really *shrugs*

In the future, I would also like to breed a foalie from her....

Opinions please... good or bad..

ps.. sorry, but I didn't know where to post this thread, so it's in here.. apologies

Attachments

• Lacetti small.jpg
    Lacetti small.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
I think she looks nice, you can tell shes still young as her back end is still slightly higher than he whithers. She seems to have grown into her legs properly and stands lovely and square.

I think she looks like a HT, I think she pull off any class IMHO :D

Yea I agree a little bum high at the moment which will not go in your favour or the fact that she is only 3 as she is still growing so she wont have a fantastic top line, I wouldnt say she needs to loose any weight but maybe just needs more muscule tone, but then again you dont want to work ehr to hard only being 3 so where do you get hte happy meaduim or draw the line? I think your just doing great as you are

She's looking well T :)

Typical baby shape.. maybe could be a little lighter as this is detracting from her ?

Otherwise she's put together nicely.. She'd be a LW hunter and may mature into a MW.. She's too hunter-y to be a Large RH IMO..

lovely horse, great head, neck and shoulders on her,lots of bone so good strong legs :D
Her back end looks a little out of porportion with her front but this could be because whe's 3 and still growing /filling out.
I think she'll be great for XC ;)

echo all of the above i think shes deep girthed which is well admired in hunterclasses - lovely

I really like this little mare! Shes got a good shoulder, good straight looking legs and she really fills the eye. Like a few people have mentioned her back end looks a little out of proportion, but this will probably develop as she grows and works. Good luck with her :)

Nice mare - would like to see her more muscled around bum and shoulders, topline and across her back would benefit from some work too, but as another poster has said you need to balance this against her age. She looks a bit short-coupled (not necessarily bad), but again this may be deceptive given her age/development.
Altogether a nice girl, enjoy her!

She's a very lovely girl, I love her colour.

I think she would benefit from losing a little weight and, like others say, getting a bit more topline. Can easily be achieved in a year though :)

Also, not sure if it is just me as it hasn't been mentioned, but it appears that she is a little goose-rumped. Again could be age and lack of muscle.

All in all she's a beautiful girl and you should definately do well with her :)

She's looking well T :)

Thanks J :D

Thanks guys for your opinions, I appreciate them.

She was 3 in June 2008 - so, not doing an awful lot with her at present....

Have cut her hard feed and hay back a little, as was worrying about her waistline!! LOL

She is out of an ISH mare who Grand-sire is Ballenvilla and Great Grand-sire is King of Diamonds...

I take it you mean Ballinvella? ;) I had a chap by him in the mid '90s and he was just superb. Didn't like clippers though. Someone said to me who knows the line well , they've never come across a Ballinvella who likes to be clipped yet! Hope yours is OK with clippers LOL?

I take it you mean Ballinvella? ;) I had a chap by him in the mid '90s and he was just superb. Didn't like clippers though. Someone said to me who knows the line well , they've never come across a Ballinvella who likes to be clipped yet! Hope yours is OK with clippers LOL?

Id agree there, Lady is by ballinvella lad and hates clippers, have to sedate the bugger to get her clipped. lol.

lexi is lovely, very well put together, def hunter type.

Oh dear! Haven't tried to clip yet - I have a small pair of trimming clippers which I thought I'd try and get her used to first, before using my 'big' clippers'. I'm in no rush...... Fingers crossed she's the first, eh?:eek:

newrider.com