Damn An Post! IUpdated the killer pack!

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
the alsations.jpg The equivalent to your Uk Post Office. for nearly 3 years I have sent hundreds of parcels via An Post in preference to couriers as 1) Couriers refused to trundle out to our rather remote location to collect parcels and 2) They have a dreadful reputation for losing parcels, mid delivering etc. etc. so although more expensive so far the service is 10 out of 10 and almost 99 percent parcels delivered safely within 24 hours.

Until today - customer out at work all day and the gobshite postie didn't fancy lugging the big box with a saddle in it back to the depot and leaving a card for customer to contact (normal practice here if unable to deliver) damaged saddle.jpg damaged saddle 2.jpg

The butter wouldn't melt pack that had a great day with the parcel :D

Last edited:
Ohmygod! What the hell happened to it???:eek::eek::eek:

So sorry, Cortrasna:( What a lazy....well, I can't type what I want to call him....

Reactions: Trewsers
He actually threw it over that gate domane! Can you believe the moron? That would probably have resulted in damaging the saddle anyway, despite my very careful secure padding and packaging inside the box. And behind that high locked gate roamed several rather hungry alsations - ready and willing to destroy anything that came onto their territory while the homeowners were at work! Apparently their postie normally leaves a card in the accessible letter box at the gate informing them of failed parcel delivery as they all do here - normally. This eejit must be on his last day at work is all I can think of......AND it is a tracked parcel so needs to be signed for - waiting to see what fake signature the twonk used?

What an utter eejit, he must not give a s**t . As you have said it must be his last day cause how did he think he wouldn't get into bother for doing that....unless he is so dim it didn't even occur to him that surely a complaint would be made:eek::rolleyes:

Reactions: Cortrasna
All is not well with our UK Royal Mail either. We too are supposed to find a card through the door and go to our local post office to collect. For some years parcels have been left on the doorstep, which is right by the road- including those that need signing for. Complaints have no effect. And again twice this September. A book I ordered "disappeared " en route from Germany. Hardly surprising. The local manaqer promised it wouldnt happen again but the replacement copy was again left in full view on the doormat.
I dont know what will happen to your postman Cortrasna but there seems to be no system of sanctions and mail can be stolen too.
The only good news is that the previous reckless, dangerous driving of Royal Mail drivers clearing the post boxes has greatly improved. Possibly because the post boxes are now in a 20 mph residential zone -

Reactions: Cortrasna
Joosie their normal postie only goes in when they are home and he uses the intercom to let them know he is there with something - all normal post is left in a box at the gate. I am guessing this must have been a stand in or something.

but yes they are gorgeous dogs and in everyone of the pics she sent me those terrorists were snuggled down on their friends back - adorable! :p

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com