Dog/cat insurance

juliecwuk

Mar 2, 2006
Wolverhampton
Who do you use?

We have been with Tesco for years, but just realised they are charging us £42.94 for 2 dogs and 2 cats (1 cat did have a claim 18 months ago).

I am thinking of shopping around, any suggestions?

I use More Than for my dog, I think it's about £22 a month and when I was looking I couldn't really get anything much cheaper than that. I haven't had to make a claim yet so I don't know how good they are in that department. He used to be insured with PetPlan when my mum had him and they were really good with the one claim he had, they dealt with the vet directly so we didn't have to do anything other than sign a form.

I use 'Protect My Bubble' for the Roo, costs me £11 a month and after lots of cross reference was very good cover. He's a Border Terrier though, apparently they're a pretty low issue doglet (well, apart from mental health but that's why we love him!)

yeh i have just been doing some online quotes, think thats not that bad actually for 4! I will dig out the policy later and do some proper comparison quotes making sure the vets fees match etc.

Cats aren't insured, did look into it but worked out the amount they charged for the orientals esp I'm better off just paying vet bills...even the operations they have had including toy removal!!!!

Looking into insurance for Boo and tbh I think I'll just do the same as I do with the cats and pay anything that comes up, I know its a risk but that is the responsibility of having animals...can always sell some organs or a car :biggrin:

out of my 4 cats, only the 2 Exotics are insured (with petplan), about £12 per cat I think. Exotics can be prone to silly health issues so we decided to play it safe.

newrider.com