eventiing

RayRay

Jan 8, 2017
anyelse think of way in the fucture

I really went to do eventing if i ever got good enough,(oberlly i know i'm way off that level so not rushing to get there just somthing i wnt to do eventally)

I am training for an 80cm one day event.

At the moment it is scaring the pants off me, but having said that I just got off him 10 minutes ago and I had some of the best flatwork (that is, no jumping, just walk trot & canter) I have ever had out of him.

And I’ve got a great big grin on my face. :D And it doesn’t feel like it’s impossible at this moment.

Reactions: Hoof_hearted
I don;t knopw why i'm thinking that far ahead the fuhterest i got is troting(and not even everything about trooting the more basic stuff)

I don;t knopw why i'm thinking that far ahead the fuhterest i got is troting(and not even everything about trooting the more basic stuff)

It starts with a dream.
A dream with a timescale attached is a goal.
A goal broken down into steps is a plan.
A plan with some action becomes reality.

But it starts with a dream.

I used to dream of riding horses as a kid. Did it a little, didn’t get to do it much.

Then I stopped riding for 17 years. Had 2 kids, got overweight, got unfit, was very unhappy. Pony was still at the top of my Christmas list.

Met a friend’s retrained racehorses (and her small opinionated Welsh pony). Felt like someone had just jumpstarted my life like they treat people with defibrillators when they’re having a heart attack. I was too fat, too unfit, too skint to even sit on a horse.

I went away, got my head in gear, lost 4.5 stone, got fit, ran London Marathon, got a new job, got back on a horse, took lessons, loaned one for a couple of weeks, took more lessons, and then bought my beautiful, kind, amazingly talented Flash.

And now we’re training for the eventing that I’ve always wanted to do.

I feel like someone will pinch me and I’ll wake up.

It starts with a dream though. So dream away.:D

Reactions: GaryB
If you’re on Facebook/instagram and want to follow our updates, we are @EquestrianLplates

Competing never has appealed. My health doesn't permit that unless I have a lot of assistance before, during and after. So something's can't be put into bite size.

However my dream of owning became a reality thanks to Camelot! ;)

Reactions: HaloHoney
Competing never has appealed. My health doesn't permit that unless I have a lot of assistance before, during and after. So something's can't be put into bite size.

owning a horse one day would be good too but don't thinks thats going to happen :p

Reactions: newforest

Cheers Camelot. :D

My brother was a Camelot beneficiary on the same day our Dad died. Awful actually because he could process neither.

newrider.com