Films watched in 2017

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Thought maybe this could be a thing if there are any film lovers on here. Add yours. Old and new, watched at home, cinema or anywhere in between :)

I have just been to see A Monster Calls.

It was beautiful, fantastic acting and a very emotional story. Highly recommend.

I could not remember what your film thread was called from a while back @newforest so I've stolen your idea, sorry.

I also watched A Matter of Loaf and Death the other day. I love Wallace and Gromit (and Ardman films in general)

Last film I watched was rather depressing - it was about a lady bringing her kids up and struggling in America. She turned to people smuggling to make ends meet it was sad really.

Reactions: MrA
I'm currently halfway through Miniscule: Valley of the lost ants.

Absolutely beautiful film, brilliant animation, very cute characters and story. It's all musical no words and it's main character is a ladybird :D love films like this. I got too tired so I'm saving the end for another day.

Reactions: Trewsers
I confess I am a life-long Trekkie. So I have just re-watched the first 2 films and then watched the new one: Star Trek Beyond. Couldn't really follow the very confusing plot! But the dialogue always makes me laugh.

PS I do like the original 6 films, but the new re-booted films are much, much better.

Having seen new films re made I still prefer the older original.
If anyone is a Black Beauty fan the best version is I think 1995 or 2005. The one where the horse has a voice and narrates.

Horses are one of the few animals that do not make a sound if they are in pain. It really makes you think about what some must be putting up with.
Mine doesn't put up she bites! And I make the sound on her behalf.

Reactions: MrA and Trewsers
I have seen Fantastic Beasts" La-La Land, going to see train spotting at the weekend. Want to go and see Denial when that comes out, and a Monster calls

I have seen Fantastic Beasts" La-La Land, going to see train spotting at the weekend. Want to go and see Denial when that comes out, and a Monster calls
Train spotting I am tempted as saw and loved the first.
It was on recently to refresh me.

I've only seen La La Land, I'm not a huge movie buff so I imagine this won't grow much :D

newrider.com