Free TB Loking for NR Home :)

Bless him, he looks sweet. Hope he gets a lovely long term home, is he on horses4homes? I can imagine it being a minefield giving a horse away although if a NR took him we would all hear lovely updates of his progress which would be fab!!! xx

Last edited:
he looks very sweet, whats his history to be a rescue. Poor thing. Hope he finds a wonderful NR home!

I have to say I do not agree with giving away a horse for free. No matter what the reason.

More so a horse that has been 'rescued' once already. I don't know the history but there are places that will take a ridden horse for rehoming as they are easier to re home than non ridden especially if there is nothing wrong with the horse.

Sorry to put a downer on the thread as I can see you are trying to help.

Most places at the moment are choc a block. Rescues are full to the brim . Whether you agree or not you can't dispute that . In this case someone is hoping to give this young horse a new start in life. It would seem the horse isn't just going to anyone whether it's free or not .

OBC - its not like its being advertised on gumtree or some other appalling website for animals for ' free ' the owner is clearly trying her best to find the horse a home. Perhaps ask about its background and story first ( as I did ) before casting assumptions.

Reactions: AliciaA and joosie
My opinion @Gimp and I am entitled the same as everyone else.and a shetland is different to a 16high plus tb. Fb is full of free horses and this is on the Internet so can be seen the same as gum tree just Google free tb.

Yes I know a few people that have been given some cracking horses for free but I have also seen some nearly kill them selves.

At present I know a girl that took a free tb never raced left in the field owner said free or will shoot. SHe had an old tb at the time and took it because she didn'T want to pay out for another horse even through she had the money.

The result it has put her in hospital enough times. She does not have the skill or the knowledge to handle it. It is now in a field does walk and a couple of trots strides once a week. She is scared of it and it us looked after by someone's else.
All her plans to complete have gone.
I don't know the history you are right but I would rather see a small price tag which stops freeloaders getting hold of them doing a little work then potentially selling a dangerous horse on to someone unsuspecting.

^^
I've heard of instances like this . In fact I took on a nutty tb myself. He proved himself to be a gem in the end and he was loved to bits .

However I get the feeling that this rescue isn't a nutty noodle and that the girl passing him on wants a decent home for him. I'd take him if I had a box.

newrider.com