frustrated

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Well it's not been the best for Ginger Pony and I this year so far. We have had a lot of ups but mostly downs.

We kind of got back on track when I returned in Dec and his schooling was going OK then the spring grass came and it went badly wrong for a while. Its fair to say he was more than just a handful we went to three competitions and each was as bad as the next our scores dropped from high 60's at novice to mid 60s at prelim and novice. We just could not settle and every test produced some lovely 'above ground movements' thats are not required.

The jumping went a wrong as well from jumping 90-1m fences at home to a refusal at 60cm class at a ODE then a dismount from me before a 90cm spread. These results in some very uncomfortable jumping sessions and a very wild XC session where he would jump everything no matter what height but the landing was a lesson on 'sitting tall and praying'.

Then he fell and put hole in his leg followed by a two weeks on a on/off lameness issue.

So we are back to it, we tried a new jumping saddle on thursday but it was two big so new one arriving on friday. lamness is gone he has had a full check over and we are hoping to start to move forward again then......now I am duty for 7 days 12 hour days on top of the week work. 12 days straight so min saddle time.

I gave up and asked a friend to jump him for me last week as I was just working to many hours. She said he was amazing. she sent me the pictures he was clearing 1m spreads with ease and you could see on the video he was loving it. He needs to do it but I am so jealous I want to be riding him.

He is still very wild to ride can go from amazing to nightmare in a stride. I just need time to ride. the last two sessions were amazing he just 'got it' again and I felt we were a team again. Its so frustrating I just want to ride my boy. The weather is lovely and I am sat in a guard room arrggggg

Aw sending anti-frustration vibes! Try and just focus on looking forward to riding again - it will be soon (least hope it passes quickly!)

It sucks when work gets in tge way like that, hopefully it settles down quickly for you and you can crack on with everything :)

I get very frustrated when work gets in the way of riding. I feel like riding is the priority! Sounds very hard for you, but he'll come through this and you'll be out doing amazing things again soon I am sure. The talent is certainly there.

newrider.com