Help me officially name Amber!

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
I got curious about Amber's parentage when my new YO said she was the spitting image of her horse and they have turned out to be half sisters!

So I have had a close look at her passport. And bless her she has never been named. She is - officially - Foal Number 5327984

Well she can't stay as Foal Number 5327984!

So help me choose a name to register her under and I will send it off to the Irish Horse Register.

Here is her pedigree:

Sire is Beach Ball. He is an ISH showjumper. His sire is OBOS Quality 004 who is a Selle Francais stallion. And his dam is Echo Beach who is ISH Showjumping mare.

Dam is Perfect Vision who I can't find anything about. But the Damsire is Classic Vision who is a show-jumping stallion. He is an RID.

So my baby girl needs a nice posh name!

Any ideas?

Here is the list of her sire's other offspring in case they inspire anyone....

http://sporthorse-data.com/d?p=10572494&z=604r31

I think you have to call her something that reflects the way in which she came to you, and the fact that she doesn't seem to have had a loving home before you took her on.

Something like 'Lost Diamond' or 'Forgotten Love'.

Reactions: KP nut
I like the idea of something on the "beach" theme to reflect the sire and that amber is often found on beaches. Having said that my mind's gone blank. Maybe using Shoreline/Strandline, Hidden Treasure, Driftwood Discovery, Amber Golden Drift?,

I like the idea of incorporating her dam and sires names, maybe Amber Beach Vision or something...

Love all these ideas!

It's interesting how some horses clearly reflect their sire and/or dam (Perfect Vision is by Classic Vision out of Perfectionism; Echo Beach is by Clover Echo, Beach Ball is out of Echo Beach. And some don't at all: OBOS Quality is by Quick Star out of Reichsdame. Classic Vision is by Ginger Dick out of Lady Glen.

So I can call her whatever I want really! Though I do like the idea of continuity with the sire or dam's name and I love beaches. And I love @Mary Poppins idea of reflecting how she came to me.

So something to do with beaches, hidden or lost treasure and amber???

I am terrible with names.... I actually had Ludo (baby cob) passported with the show name of Impulsive Purchase :p

HAHA Love it. Well I'd have to call her Unwanted Replacement which is not quite right....!

Irish Gold

Lost And Found

Driftwood Amber

Hidden Gold.

Buried Treasure

Drifting Amber Beach

Beach Discovery

Golden Sands Discovery

?????????????????????????

Vision in Ambergris... or Ambergris Beach!

Ambergris is a lovely word, refers to a very expensive thing and Amber is the name you call her, it would be nice if it were in her posh name too...

I am hopeless with names (although I did name OH's gelding that came with no passport name and no stable name - he was Merlin).

Anyway of the ones that have been suggested I really like Driftwood Amber

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I need to submit FOUR names! One was hard enough!! I guess they need to be unique?
Arggghh I can't decide!!

I am hopeless with names (although I did name OH's gelding that came with no passport name and no stable name - he was Merlin).

Anyway of the ones that have been suggested I really like Driftwood Amber
Me too Gary, that one is my favorite so far.

newrider.com