Dismiss Notice

Hi, we hope you enjoy looking around New Rider. We are a very friendly board so don't feel afraid to ask your questions. Register now, say 'Hello' and join in the conversations.

Herbal calmer

Discussion in 'Money Saving Ideas, Tips and Remedies' started by Susan Crawford, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Susan Crawford

Susan Crawford New Member

Looking at Hodson Horrell Placid for my new mare to help her settle into her new home. Recent incident with a spook posted on another thread and thinking worth a try as the ingredients are meant to be good for calming the nervous system. Currently on Naf Magic had haven't noticed any difference. Anyone tried it with success or any other herbal suggestions please.

2. Jessey

Jessey Well-Known Member

I used wendals calmer when I needed jess calm in the field when she was lame, it is strong and as it has chamomile it shouldn't be used long term and it has valerian which is banned from most comps but its very effective, I fed jess at half the reccomended rate and it still did a great job.

Susan Crawford likes this.
  3. Trewsers

Trewsers Well-Known Member

@Jessey (sorry to thread hi jack) is the wendels stuff okay to use with danilon or should I check with my vet? I too am thinking of putting Storm onto it. Or something to calm her down a bit.

4. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Ziggy Learning together!

I use V-calm, a valerian based herbal calmer, when I need a real dope on a rope.

6. Jessey

Jessey Well-Known Member

I would guess its fine but never asked as jess wasn't on any pain relief sorry

The FREE site for selling smallholdings, farms and rural properties