Hmm another weather thread

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Someone forgot to forward the email to the weather gods about it being the END of winter once January was over!:p
Either I am getting soft or February is getting colder. We've gone from sunny and pleasantly dry but cold to now just absolutely fleezing (see what I did thereo_O:p) and quite frankly nothing on this planet (not even being chased by zombies:eek:) would induce me to saddle up and head off for a ride:confused:. It is so cold I couldn't feel my hands again and the wind and sleet seem to find all the cracks in my clothing (well tiny gaps like down the back of my neck). I think I jinxed it the other day admiring the daffs that are popping through, though they aren't flowering yet. The girls were so funny really today, they had a few hours out and then firmly planted themselves indoors. Hahahaa try shoving half a ton of almost thirty year old cob out when it doesn't want to go:oops:and Zi just looks cross, he hates bad weather. He clacked his teeth at us when we went past about an hour ago, like the weather is all our fault:p
What is it like elsewhere? I am tucking up with hay soon (them not me).

Lol, loving the not even zombies could make you tack up :D:p
Hope you can get wamred up soon and your guys sound like a sensible bunch to me :p
Here in Northumberland, north east coast yesterday i rode 3 horses in heavy snow, it was freezing and i couldnt honestly see most of the time cantering round the fields (completely trusted the neds) and my legs were purple and my mascara ended up all over my face and i looked like a zombie! Today it was -3 this morning at 5.30 and like that most of the day but it was blue skies and and blazing sun amd for about 2 hours over lunch time heat came in the sun and it warmed up that i only had my t shirt and jumper as opposed to looking like an eskimo on horseback. It is apparently staying very cold all of Feb here but id rather that than wet and mild.

It's got cold here too - we even had snow in the Sputh East. By snow, I mean a tiny white dusting ....!

But TBH, I'd rather a late wintery snap and a fairly easy winter early on - there's always the risk if it starts cold in October, it won't stop until March :D

Turned icy here too, snow o the distant mountains this morning and ice on our bbq griddle:eek: I was supposed to be in a lesson yesterday but cried off due to still painting and decorating but the -5° wind chill didn't make me eager to go either:oops: Due to continue for the rest of the week:(:(:(

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Bit like @mystiquemalaika but not so extreme - yesterday was horrible, cold, grey, windy and snow/sleeting although it didn't settle here. I didn't ride but I did walk the dog and it was just miserable with icy snow blowing in my face and slippy sticky mud underfoot. Today it has been really cold but the sun has been shining and no wind. The mud has hardened up a little bit too. Had a glorious ride this afternoon followed by a cheerful dog walk!

LOL whoever said the end of winter was the end of Jan ?! hahaahah, we are in north aberdeenshire, Feb is often the worst month, coldest with most snow and then March is known locally here as the hungry month - no grass, whatsoever. We had heavy snow when a mare was foaling at the end of April last year. Naer cast a cloot til may is oot they say here ;)

I much prefer this cold snap to the horrible wet snap we've been having since October! Can't beat a nice sunny cold morning, when the sun rises as you are poo picking the field and you feel it on your face. That was me this morning. The sun has got a little warmth back in it! And then it snowed a bit later haha

Its cold here too, even a dusting of snow yesterday, -5c last night, but that is pretty normal for Feb. I'd like to see a good cold spell to kill the bugs off but its meant to warm up here today, rain tonight and be in double figures with sun on Saturday, then more snow for sunday, poor ponies don't know if they are coming or going.
Hank made a frosty pony this morning :p
FB_IMG_1518074638175.jpg

Turned icy here too, snow o the distant mountains this morning and ice on our bbq griddle:eek: I was supposed to be in a lesson yesterday but cried off due to still painting and decorating but the -5° wind chill didn't make me eager to go either:oops: Due to continue for the rest of the week:(:(:(

I suppose the only thing is a lesson might warm you up lol I remember whenever I had one in winter it was actually quite productive, providing there wasn't rain. Hope you get your decorating finished:D

We are VERY NASTY HERE..
Lots of ice and then snow on top is even more dangerous cause now you cant see it.
We got snow again yesterday then freezing rain and we were supposed to go quickly to all rain and
that did not happen.
Then WE got a FLASH FREEZE last nite the worse thing of all.

Everything is frozen the gate latches etc were horrid.

I can deal with cold to a point as long as its not approaching ZERO F and the footing is safe.
This ice is getting is getting to me.

Its even worse if my grassy field or cavaletti pen play areas etc are not bad but I just cant safely get him over here.

We have given her notice we are planning to have our stalls set up and ready to move.
Sonny April 1 and Andi May 1 staggering them to lessen the blow on her.
I'm really excited and cant wait.

Reactions: joellie
and quite frankly nothing on this planet (not even being chased by zombies:eek:) would induce me to saddle up and head off for a ride:confused:. It is so cold I couldn't feel my hands again and the wind and sleet seem to find all the cracks in my clothing (well tiny gaps like down the back of my neck).

This is exactly how I have been feeling. I hadn't rode in 3 weeks until this morning. We had snow again the last couple of days but this morning as soon as I stepped out the back door I could feel how mild it was compared to recently. I managed to tack up and head out for half an hour, we just got back before the rain started. We are forecast for more snow over the weekend again ...I really, really need the proper spring to kick in :rolleyes::)

It's got cold here too - we even had snow in the Sputh East. By snow, I mean a tiny white dusting ....!

But TBH, I'd rather a late wintery snap and a fairly easy winter early on - there's always the risk if it starts cold in October, it won't stop until March :D

Have you had an easy winter this year? If so that's unfair :p I have had the worst winter ever...we had a horrid wet spring, then a horrid mix of very wet or very hot hard ground summer and then the wettest winter in a long time with one storm after another thrown in, also ice, snow and fog, its just not been riding friendly weather at all...I hope this year is better...fingers crossed.

We get freezes over night then wind and rain all day, not just showers every so often either it's constant :(

Yesterday it started the day -5 and brilliant sun, my favourite winter weather. Finished it +5 and pouring cold rain and sleet, my least favourite!

Reactions: Prjsmk
Yesterday morning there was still lots of ice around that had glazed even worse making it even more slippery.
We did get a rise in temps and a little sun even if filtered goes a LONG way.
By the time we got back from running errands things were flowing and the big icy spot across Virginia's driveway
had a good melt so I could get over here with Sonny.
Temps stayed in he 40'sf overnite with rain its still dark for quite a while here but I'm hoping at day light to
see NO ICE but it will continue to rain all day hard and into the evening but THANK GOD no flash freeze
as soon as the rain stops hopefully the ground will be decent tomorrow.

The rain following snow has been bad this year really making ice the worse ive seen in years.

Our three are all rugged today - most unusual! We had a snow flurry early on and now the sun is out. Quite a bit of frost over night and a sneaky wind. Brrrrrrr. It looks nice from the kitchen window though, much better than gloom and rain. I am bored with having to wear layers now, I want spring now!!!

I just stepped outside to get something from the car, to be greeted by big white fluffy snow flakes. It wasnt doing that an hour ago. It looks like it's settling.

newrider.com