Hoof crack

I'm with KP Nut on this one, I hope you stick around as we really are very friendly, we are also a passionate bunch which I think is what is coming across here.

I have been in the position of reporting someone in the past; I won't post the full story here but it was very serious neglect happening right outside my door, I tried to help, bringing feed and hay home for her and watering the poor animal, and I also spoke with the owner (my neighbours son) and his dad and said I would help and explained what they needed to do. They failed to change anything long term, they would do as suggested for a little while then it would go back to being awful (really awful like rather than feed her they let the hay I brought them rot outside the stable she was locked in 24/7) so I reported them, the ILPH were great, they kept me out of it as repercussions would have been horrific and they came out regularly to help and educate him and eventually took her only when nothing had changed.
And I have been reported; I was reported for only putting a fleece on my arab when he was stabled in a barn of 12 horses with the doors shut and it was above freezing - the lady who reported me had her pony with a duvet and 2 rugs on and the RSPCA person was very nice to me and actually told her to re-think her standards as her pony was uncomfortable when mine wasn't. I wasn't offended, every one is entitled to an opinion after all and I knew I was doing nothing wrong and the inspector was really nice and very apologetic about it.
I wouldn't hesitate to report something if I had concerns and have called them a few other times and they are great at talking a situation over and giving you advise on what you might be able to do to help if you are in a position to do so.

Regardless, you have managed to get her to get the farrier and vet out, that is obviously an achievement in itself so onwards and upwards and perhaps someone pushing her was all she needed to do what is needed and it will continue to improve, if not you know you have other options ;) :D

Well all I can say is I hope my instincts on this are wrong, for the sake of the horses, and for the sake of the trusting and helpful members of this forum. Not my Circus - Not my Monkeys.:rolleyes:

I don't know what Cortrasna means, but it could be because there are discrepancies with this story.
Initially there are 9 that you can't get round to picking out feet, but that turns into 8 a bit further on. Could just be a typo but further on again 2 are owned by someone else leaving your friend with 6.
I find it sad that three people with no knowledge of horses have any, albeit you are trying to help your friend but then again its a member if the family.

If you have both been told by another forum to tie a horse to a fence post with a chain, I cringe at their knowledge tbh. I hope that electric fence was off!

I think the owner of these horses should be here, I find the constant reference to her not being asbke to afford them, but then saying her finances are not your business contradictory. Sorry.

There are 9 horses in total 2 are owned by my friends friend (she was there befor me )
but she has no idea about horses but she admits that and she just follows my friend
Yes I keep changing it from friend to family as iv said she is the mum of 2 of my siblings so depends how u look at it to if she is classed as family iv only just started talking to her well 4 months ago ..so I'm still not sure my self if I should say family or friend .
And the finances are talked about between us ie the people involved but I feel it's not my business to discuss it on a forum
maybe I could of worded things better ,I do have a bad habit of just typing with out checking for typos or mistakes sorry
Iv always said she needs to re home some as the horses do not get enough one on one care ie picking out feet ect from what I know but Iv always said I'm new and know very little about the day to day care

And re the nose chain they didn't say tie him to the post they said used it all the time until he shows inprovement we were talking about him being tied up as well but no one said we shouldn't as soon as I found that out we haven't been using the chain at all even when leading him the lead rope is attached to the collor the chain is loose not attached , and yes the fence was off that bit of fence was only put there as he kept walking round the post making the rope get tighter and shorter :( guess that is wrong to tho

newrider.com