How do you get it back?

I am excited but apprehensive, there are a couple of fields with big bouncy young 'uns in and I know they will come bouncing up to Daisy and she hates that :frown:
but I have decided instead of avoiding this I am going to face it, dismount and walk past them a few times with some polo's to try and make it a happy memory for Daisy, the only trouble is that I know where these bouncy young 'uns are there are no convenient logs or lumps to hop (clamber) back on so it will mean a bit of a walk for me before I can remount, but that is my plan............

Hmm, I do know just how you feel about horses bouncing up to the fence line. This is one of Toby's particular hates, and the day I really lost my confidence on him was the day they came galloping down a steep field and we were on the road below. Tobes forgot he was an appaloosa and decided actually he was an Arab - cue, trumpeting, tail nearly over my head and much mucking about. I got off - NEVER, EVER again will I do that! He reared, tried to climb the hedge, there were cars behind us, in front of us and he was an absolute maniac!!!!

HOWEVER, recently we have ridden past horses in fields that come prancing up, happily of late with YO who is MUCH scarier than that and as I am now practicing riding properly with a contact and legs (must be a strange feeling for Tobes who clearly thought I didn't possess legs!), actually he just gets on with it now. But they are still a cause for concern!!!

You are doing super well. Lots of people say boring yourself into the next stage is good, and I think it is.

And once you have a supportive instructor, there won't be anything you can't tackle. Go you.

newrider.com