Dismiss Notice

Hi, we hope you enjoy looking around New Rider. We are a very friendly board so don't feel afraid to ask your questions. Register now, say 'Hello' and join in the conversations.

Hunting today - PICS AND VIDS ;) lol

Discussion in 'General' started by Kc.., Nov 19, 2008.

1. Kc..

Kc.. Active Member

Well i took Lantern hunting today and it was a great day, he got really wound up when i was plaiting him etc so i was expecting ot have a bit of a troublesome day. But the first bit was downhill and i expected our trot to end up in a gallop down hill (my worst nightmare) but no he was fab, trotted all the way down then cantered when i asked.

We then walked round the edge of a field then i caught sight of my first ever jump out hunting on Lantern. A narrow rail, a fairly decent height. I was SO nervous, no idea how he was guna react. Anyway to say he is impatient waiting to jump is an understatement. He did a weird little bunny hop ran at it got to close and lept it. Didn't even realise he could jump like that!

Then we had to come back over it and we had jumped down a drop so it was big, Lantern was fab and led two horses over it! (since when was Lantern a bold jumper!). Then we came to an even narrower rail! It looked pretty boggy in front but not to bad, again we led two other horses over it!!

Then lot's of galloping etc. Then the day went like that for a bit galloping jumping etc. When all of a sudden he went pretty loopy, a group of four of us took a slightly different route and had to jump a couple of ditches. Jumped the first perfect then bolted at the second fell on his knees got up and tanked off!!! That carried on for about 30mins then i decided to go home.

On my way home i ended up meeting them again, and decided to carry on as they were heading toward my yard. Having lost my find-a-way-round-the-massive-jumps partner i had no choice but to jump. Which i'm glad of because i was being a poof earlier on.

We got to a tiger trap - didn't look to big. Again he ran at it got to and suddenly realised, well it went something like "S*it that is bloody MASSIVE" lol. But he popped over it :D

Then whilst crossing a a very narrow bridge he managed to fall through it!!! It was very rotten but typically it was me! We were both fine. Then crossed another bridge with an immediate turn left (not much run up) to a decent sized rail which he popped over - the lady behind me fell off!

Then i came home :D But all in all a fab day, oh and everyone who thought i shouldn't take him with mud fever (which isn't bad) he was fine it's not flared up at all.

So anyway here are the pics, didn't get any action ones as that's a bit difficult! A lady is guna email me a couple from the meet though!

In the yard...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Leaving.. (doesn't he look fit and not thin)
    [​IMG]

Hacking upto the meet with the hounds...
    [​IMG]

At the meet...
    [​IMG]

Continued...

2. Kc..

Kc.. Active Member

Then i have no clue what order these were taken!
    I do know this was just before our first jump...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a vid of me catching upto the pack after waiting for a friend! Just hear his little hoofs go!
    [​IMG]

3. 5.7FB+16.2FC

5.7FB+16.2FC FieryBrunet+FieryChestNut

what a sexy beastie:D

4. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. chickyd444

chickyd444 Jasper 1993-2008 'Legend'

fabulous kc, he looks soooo hansom, what a smart looking lad he is ;) looks like a wicked day out , i love the hunt

6. horsesunited

horsesunited New Member

Wow, looks like you had a wicked day. He looks very handsom ;)

7. Auqeam

Auqeam New Member

Aww he looks so fab, very handsom lad, I am soooo jealous!:D
    In fact, i'm going to make it my one horsey goal - have a day hunting! When I have learned a lot more though obviously lol :eek:

8. Method_Acting

Method_Acting New Member

he scrubs up well!!;) glad you had funnn. i want a go!

9. Kc..

Kc.. Active Member

Thanks everyone!!
    Yeah i actually think he looks great, not biased or anything!
    My mate didn't even recognise him today he has changed so much!! :D

10. horsesunited

horsesunited New Member

Well that's a great reflection on you. You are doing a good job with him obviously.

When is the next hunt then?? ;)

11. Kc..

Kc.. Active Member

Thanks :D Well i just looked at this and i can see why she didn't..
    [​IMG]

And now...
    [​IMG]

:D

Hm i actually have no idea, the 10th of December i think. That's if i can wait that long. :D

12. TB_horse

TB_horse New Member

wow that looks like you had fun! You're scaring me with this talk of massive jumps though, not sure me and flick would cope with that!!! :D he looks lovely, glad his mud fever didn't bother him

13. Kc..

Kc.. Active Member

Ah it's ok there is always a way round, my friend on her never jumped 4yo welsh sec c was fine!
    Plus it was a jumping day today :)

14. TB_horse

TB_horse New Member

Fair enough. I haven't jumped bigger than about 3'3 on her yet, so i'm guessing i'd be wimping out?! He he, as long as theres a way round though i'd be fine. Just gotta try get cover for work now..... :p

15. gb050573

gb050573 New Member

He looks great and I think you're very brave! Anyone else just loving those little tufty bits behind his ears??

16. Kc..

Kc.. Active Member

He does have such hairy ears tbh! There so cute :D

17. Saz89

Saz89 New Member

Great pic's he's looking really well :)
    Im going hunting for the first time mounted on Tuesday I can't wait but am quite nervous but it should be fun!!

18. Gimp

Gimp Gimpy Gimp Gimp

what a lovely chap you have! He looks Fit and healthy...well he must be with all that galloping he can do!
    :D

19. Djtaf

Djtaf New Member

awww hes gorgous, glad you had fun!
    one question, what kind of bit is that???
    ive seen it before when ive been hunting, but dont actually no what it is!!!

20. Kc..

Kc.. Active Member

Thanks guys, yeah he is fit now. He jogged all the way home then proceeded to chase Nimby round the field :rolleyes:

That is an american gag, supposed to be very strong but i still struggle to hold him lol!

21. Djtaf

Djtaf New Member

oh!! well, you learn something new everyday!! :D

The FREE site for selling smallholdings, farms and rural properties