I think she has turned the corner

We are still on a walking only very gentle fittening plan and won't be doing anymore until her next (and hopefully last) blood test at the end of this month /early next month - day 7 of 21 days walk yesterday - we go out for about an hour - she is still very quiet to ride (not typical Dolly I have to say) and does seem to get pretty tired even just walking out at her own chosen pace....I was to increase next week to a good well paced forward working walk but unless she seems to get a bit more of a lift to her I will remain at her pace. She looks tip top though so am hoping this is all just something that will work out as she slowly gets fitter again. I can't believe it is the same horse that literally had tried to kill me and one of my sons at the start of her weird illness! I certainly dont want her that hyped up again for sure :eek:

Its the same with us if we have had a virus. It zaps your energy levels. So that makes sense to me.
I know when mine was really ill, she was allowed an hour in the field. Others thought I would never get her again but she wanted back in to go to sleep.

newrider.com