Is nobody interested in the 2017 Election

Lol you aren't odd! Hehee. But, I am not staying awake late over it. I've no tv and my days of watching Mr Snow and the clapometer are long gone.......
But I have voted. Just now. Something I've not done in a long time for various reasons.

Reactions: Native Lover
I'm not staying up, I can't do that any more, too much going on. But I voted and I poked my OH until he voted too (I don't know how he voted).

It matters a lot, but I am just full up with current affairs at present and can't rustle up the enthusiasm for a debate.

Reactions: Native Lover
I voted and will try to stay up to see the first few results in, but if I'm honest I'm totally fed up with the campaigning & facebook posts. It seems that it's all about why you shouldn't vote for other parties, not why you should vote for the one campaigning - why doesn't that fill me with confidence or enthusiasm? It seems the only way to get any proper information is to read & compare the manifestos rather than listen to all the "he said, she said" playground talk.

Reactions: popularfurball
I care. I care enough that I voted from New Zealand. I just don't have the energy to talk about it.

Reactions: Em 1
I'm fed up with each party having a go at the other. Why can't they all join together and put the energy into running the country better. The money they have wasted on leaflets slagging the other party off, which just go in the rubbish.
No way am I staying up. Unfortunately I have to work to keep the roof over my head.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
I'm really interested in politics and I voted and stayed up to watch the results. But I haven't discussed it with anyone apart from my husband. I'm not even sure where my political interests lie these days and I'm just sick of tired of reading facebook rants about it and can't be bothered to join in.

Im interested too, but didn't sty up to watch anything, the UK as been divided since the referendum last year, so it comes as no surprise to me that we have a hung parliament, it could be a good thing, but only if the politicians can put aside their personal political agenda's and pull together for the sake of the country, the EU must be rubbing their hands right now :(

I voted too, I am appalled at the number of people who didn't though, only a 66% turnout in my area.

I did vote, but it felt pointless. I don't feel like any party or candidate had enough "pros" to give me conviction in voting. By that token I ended up deciding when the paper was in front of me.

I am utterly fed up of the constant slanging matches on Facebook - work is super crazy right now, I don't have time for that!

Voted, but can't be bothered to listen to all the bitching, or people trying to tell me I'm wrong to vote for the party I vote for. I'm not surprised it's a hung parliament.

People in Europe are distressed and anxious at the result @Kite_Rider . The last thing they want is more instability for us, it's bad for everyone.

I read the manifestos and make a judgement about which party I agree with. Not much point expressing my opinion in my uber-Conservative area but there you are.

People in Europe are distressed and anxious at the result @Kite_Rider . The last thing they want is more instability for us, it's bad for everyone.

I read the manifestos and make a judgement about which party I agree with. Not much point expressing my opinion in my uber-Conservative area but there you are.

I don't mean the people in Europe Jane I mean the politicians of the EU who will be at the table when the negotiations start - I too read the manifesto's and made a judgement and voted with my decision despite knowing it probably wouldn't do any good.

Why can't they all join together and put the energy into running the country better.
Because it takes away choices I guess.

Personally I would have one currency for the whole world. I know that won't happen it would just make importing and exporting simpler. :)

Indecision is presented as bad - But the British way of compromise and of accommodating a wide range of views has proved something of a strength in the past. Our democracy isnt perfect but it does encourage people to be polite and rub along with their political opponents who are also their colleagues. I for one woke with a lighter heart this morning. Remember that the EU itself is neither stable nor united.
I have just spent a happy morning at the yard - a sunny hack between showers and then grooming Larry, all the time thinking what Winston Churchill that great politician said about a horse being so good for humans.

Reactions: Jane&Ziggy
newrider.com