It's finally happened :)

JMR77

Aug 26, 2015
Hello every1 not been on for a while as was recovering from my broken knee cap...finally after almost 4 months I am recovered, healed and been given the all clear to ride again, yippee. As sum of u will know i broke my knee whilst riding a horse i was potentially going to buy for myself, unfortunately he has not worked out for me. However I wud like to announce that I never gave up looking for what cud potentially be my new best forever 4 legged friend and I am blessed to have on 3 mth LWVTB Mowgli an 11 year old cob. Mowgli is nothing like what I was looking for in a horse for myself but after viewing him and trying him with his previous owner i decided to take a huge leap of faith and have him on loan to see how we get on. He has now been with me for almost a week and we have taken things slowly, I gave him a few days to settle in and spent hours with him in those beginning days getting to know him and letting him get to know me, after a cuple days we hacked out with my 10 year old daughter and her pony and a friend with her horse, Mowgli was an absolute star and didn't put a hoof wrong, I was a tad nervous but this boy just gave me confidence and i relaxed on him instantly. We have hacked out everyday since and every time he is a star. I have only had this boy for a week and I already feel that he is the right 1 for me, we have a schooling lesson booked for tomorrow with my instructor and I have high hopes and feel very positive about what the next few weeks will hold for us both. This boy has ground manners to die for and what appears to be a very gentle soul. After a long time out of riding and taking a very big plunge into buying my own to start up again on I never thought i wud find a horse who appears to be as honest and gentle as he is....i feel like he chose me rather than the other way around. I am keeping my fingers firmly crossed that our bond will strengthen and that we will have a great partnership, its still early days but i'm positively optimistic about whats to come for us both :)

Here he is....Mowgli :)
Mowgli1.jpgMowgli.jpg

Oh he is lovely and congratulations on finding a good honest horse..hopefully he will stay that way for you as just a word of warning they can sometimes be very quiet at the beginning and then go through a wee phase of testing you as leader. That's also great you are healed and back in the saddle. Look forward to seeing lots more pics of Mowgli (love the name) and hearing how you both get on:D

Reactions: GaryB and JMR77
He has a kind eye....and neat little feet too! Spend as much time with him as you can, to build that special relationship. Being horse-less at the moment, I quite envy you!

Oh he is lovely and congratulations on finding a good honest horse..hopefully he will stay that way for you as just a word of warning they can sometimes be very quiet at the beginning and then go through a wee phase of testing you as leader. That's also great you are healed and back in the saddle. Look forward to seeing lots more pics of Mowgli (love the name) and hearing how you both get on:D

Yes we are definitely still in the settling in phase and I'm sure it won't all b plain sailing but I am keeping my fingers crossed

Reactions: joellie
He has a kind eye....and neat little feet too! Spend as much time with him as you can, to build that special relationship. Being horse-less at the moment, I quite envy you!

Since I've brought him home last Monday I've been with him every morning for at least 4 hrs and then again in the evening to bring in and bed down for the night....lots of grooming to hopefylly help form a bond with him. So far he's extremely sweet and kind natured. The only thing is there is still a bit of uncertainty in the field with my other gelding and the 3 mares! Hoping after a few more days this will settle down. Nothing major has happened and he's been quite submissive so far. One of the old mares has caused most of the friction today circling him and whilst he's been grazing she's been charging him and trying to kick him...! I'll keep u all posted how it's going

Congratulations Mowgli is gorgeous!
Yes he may test you a little once he's settled, or you may just have found one laid back kind and lovely horse, some horses are that genuine. Here's hoping you have many happy years of fun with him :)

Reactions: JMR77
He's really nice - I hope you have a lot of fun with him. How big is he (sorrry if you have said and I have missed it)?

He's lovely, I'm ashamed to say I never used to have much time for cobs until I bought one! Mine had been for sale for a year and sold from the field as a project not expecting to fall head over heels in love with him. I totally underestimated them, mine is fab and does all riding club, loves jumping, hacking infact just loves life and food of course but he's got a super personality. He is one of the kindest horses I've ever owned, I'm sure you will feel the same about yours given time, they are such versatile little horses. x

He's really nice - I hope you have a lot of fun with him. How big is he (sorrry if you have said and I have missed it)?
He is passported at 14.1hh bit I'd say he's more like 14.2/3hh will get him measured when I can

Reactions: GaryB
He's lovely, I'm ashamed to say I never used to have much time for cobs until I bought one! Mine had been for sale for a year and sold from the field as a project not expecting to fall head over heels in love with him. I totally underestimated them, mine is fab and does all riding club, loves jumping, hacking infact just loves life and food of course but he's got a super personality. He is one of the kindest horses I've ever owned, I'm sure you will feel the same about yours given time, they are such versatile little horses. x
I know exactly what u mean as I said I was in no way looking for a cob not my b type of horse normally at all. He's done all PC, hunting, show jumping and fun rides....I'm hoping I've been super lucky a day found myself as u say a very versatile kind and honest and gentle horse....gotta c how the honeymoon period goes x

Reactions: tikkitti
I know exactly what u mean as I said I was in no way looking for a cob not my b type of horse normally at all. He's done all PC, hunting, show jumping and fun rides....I'm hoping I've been super lucky a day found myself as u say a very versatile kind and honest and gentle horse....gotta c how the honeymoon period goes x
Our honeymoon period wasn't much of a honeymoon lol and he tried everything he could to put me off him but under his brattish exterior was a heart of gold, well worth the effort:) Mine had had lots of homes and I think he had just resigned himself to the fact that he wouldn't be loved and he would just get passed on, despite him still having his odd moments of cheekiness he's a kind soul and he makes me smile :) x

Can't wait to read how you get on and will look forward to maybes seeing more pics of your new best friend, his name is lovely and so unique. x

Our honeymoon period wasn't much of a honeymoon lol and he tried everything he could to put me off him but under his brattish exterior was a heart of gold, well worth the effort:) Mine had had lots of homes and I think he had just resigned himself to the fact that he wouldn't be loved and he would just get passed on, despite him still having his odd moments of cheekiness he's a kind soul and he makes me smile :) x
awwith bless him...I'm lucky Mowgli has been in the same home since he was 5 and he's 11 now x

Can't wait to read how you get on and will look forward to maybes seeing more pics of your new best friend, his name is lovely and so unique. x

Thank u I can not wait to get stated and schooling wiv this boy....although I love hacking I really want to have a go at dpin everything wiv him

newrider.com