Lanark Common Ride

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
Ok it’s official I own a Legend ;) :D

Kia was fabulous and everyone remembers him and was astounded at how well he looks and how well he was moving :) I was bursting with pride for being his mum as he honestly was a complete star :)

He marched round it all and threw himself (a bit too enthusiastically) into the canters and at the last canter I couldn’t pull him up on the racecourse. So we pretty much did the full circle instead of 6 furlongs. Needless to say my legs were shaking and I was about falling out of my saddle by the end of it as I’ve not had my stirrups short and hovered for that long in a while lol :oops: Mum is not ‘race fit’ at all :)

Here are some pics I’ll get the hat cam footage on later :)

Ignore the half plaited mane, for some reason he kept a mane all winter then it fell out when the weather warmed up :rolleyes:

The setting off

09555F48-581B-4EEF-8B7F-F4AC8855190E.jpeg F32A9857-DCFF-4F68-A114-DB94DC33468F.jpeg

After the first canter

EF9FF83B-37EE-4804-8D2B-57BEA320AA24.jpeg

Half way point :)

FFA68DA6-D090-496B-8328-31D111260573.jpeg A69E695B-E838-4D29-87B8-A07E747C0EDD.jpeg E7FBF7E3-9CCA-41FC-BD0E-D9C76DF4F8CE.jpeg 71076660-77EA-47C8-8096-EE9EDF348664.jpeg F377AAF1-A53B-4BB6-BD42-FAE956E7289B.jpeg

Stuffing his face lol ;)

AB513996-E844-4A15-9BAC-B0E9F218208C.jpeg E3B83D9D-BF5A-4409-BDD3-168068C655B0.jpeg

More to come

Max speed 44 km/h? You were FLYING! I am glad you had a great time. What a star Kia is.

I like your saddle set up, what does he go in?

Reactions: MrC
Max speed 44 km/h? You were FLYING! I am glad you had a great time. What a star Kia is.

I like your saddle set up, what does he go in?

He’s just in a first gen T6 changeable gullet system, saddle is about 10yrs old now lol it’s like a glove to ride in :) with a plain elastic breastplate (the saddle is a wide at the mo but I’m pretty sure he’s a med wide now, I’ll have to buy a new gullet when I get paid next week, a Wintec comfort girth and his fleece numnah :)

He is a complete star :) yeah the speed wasn’t my idea :rolleyes: I like a good blast but it was hot and I was trying to get him to not wear himself out but he knows best as always lol ;)

That looks an awful lot of fun!

It’s lots of fun, he was having a ball taking the arms off me lol ;)

Reactions: Jessey
Wow that looks like great fun! Pleased u both enjoyed it and well done kia!

I've been eyeing up the T series thorowgood's today as an option for Jess, so glad to hear they are comfortable when you're doing a few miles :D

Looks amazing, good for Kia :D

I wish we lived somewhere like you - we went 'hill' training the other day and our total ascent was only just over 100m. That's the biggest hill we can find around us. Kia must be fit going up and down your hills and still finding the oomph to take you for a gallop.

Looks amazing, good for Kia :D

I wish we lived somewhere like you - we went 'hill' training the other day and our total ascent was only just over 100m. That's the biggest hill we can find around us. Kia must be fit going up and down your hills and still finding the oomph to take you for a gallop.

Thank you :) he is a determined old sod at times. I've finally had time to make the headcsm footage into a continuous vid. I lost some of the footage so this isn't everything but hey ho got enough for people to get the gist :)

Watch in HD to get the best view :)

Reactions: Aln
I've been eyeing up the T series thorowgood's today as an option for Jess, so glad to hear they are comfortable when you're doing a few miles :D

I'm keeping a hold of this saddle for my next horse which it will hopefully for as I really love it :)

What can iIsay? I agree 100 per cent - that horse is a legend! :D but then I guess we have to give you some credit for having him so well and fit at his age ;) Particularly like the last head shot - the look says it all - been there done that - bring it on lol! :D

Reactions: MrC and Jessey
Wow! Those canters up big grassy wide open hills are AMAZING! :D you're so lucky, I miss hills.

This is why I love the Rideouts, you get to go across country that is normally closed to you without prior arrangement.

Kia will have a nearly a month before his next one, I do have some organised rides planned and some lovely long hacks :D

Great photos.
I think that's the same bit as us. I was going to ask if you notice much difference using the rungs and then read the couldn't stop part. So maybe not. :) I haven't tried using the bottom ring yet.

Is the ride info on a phone app that requires data to be on?
Interested in measuring my hills.

Last edited:
Is the ride info on a phone app that requires data to be on?
Interested in measuring my hills.

I actually just looked into this because someone else asked the same question on another thread and I didn't know - I assumed it does because you have to somehow send the information from your phone to whatever server is storing all the information. However, it looks as though you don't have to have it switched on when you are actually riding, you can store the data on your phone (if you have the right type of phone) and upload it when you get somewhere with a free wifi service. I always have my data on because I like the idea I can be tracked by someone else while I'm out and about.

This is from the Endomondo site:

Question: Do I need internet / data network connection to use the Endomondo application?

Answer: You don't need a phone signal/data network connection to track your activities with our Endomondo Sports Tracker app. The app can track using only the satellite signal, so all you need to do is to turn on the GPS/Location service in the phone and make sure the Endomondo app can access the GPS (read more about GPS in our GPS guide). Through the GPS we can track your distance, duration, speed, pace, mile/kilometer splits etc. and show this data in the app. Your data is saved on the phone and will be uploaded the next time you connect to a data network, e.g. Wi-Fi. Just connect to the network and open Endomondo to upload the data.

Please notice that it may take several minutes to get a good GPS signal if you use the app without data connection. We recommend keeping the data connection on to get a faster and better GPS signal, unless you are outside of your home country.

In the Android, iPhone, Blackberry 10 and Windows Phone apps you cannot turn Live Tracking off in the app. You can put the phone in “Flight Mode” to avoid data cost but, there will not be a GPS signal. In the Symbian and BlackBerry app you can turn Automatic Upload/Online Tracking on/off in the Settings menu.

Please note that Live Tracking (upload your data real-time to the website so others can follow you live), Map-access and Pep talks during your workout all require a data connection and thus won’t be available when you’re in flight mode.

What can iIsay? I agree 100 per cent - that horse is a legend! :D but then I guess we have to give you some credit for having him so well and fit at his age ;) Particularly like the last head shot - the look says it all - been there done that - bring it on lol! :D

Thank you Mrs C :D

He is totally amazing and just continues to delight me no matter what. God knows what I’ll will do without him someday x

I love those.
Curious what the rider behind you is doing.. Bottom photo.

Professional pics are something we don't have.

newrider.com