Libra saddle solves security problem.

K

kturner

Well I finally got one. I feel much more secure than my cashel. It is suede I think and got new jods with plastic type back, so cant even shift my position without a lot of effort, I really stick to the saddle like glue now. Getting off is a problem as always, head down and leg over the head, slide down, if I can get unstuck from saddle that is, all on the wrong side as well.

So saddle problem solved, hope this helps someone else.

Rising no problem, I have bad knees so only rise an inch or two to get weight off his back. Sticky jods are ok for rising just not for shifting about on the suede. Havent cantered in it yet as he got lami again a week after I got saddle. He has recovered and we are using hoofboots again, as barefoot, so will find out about canter in the weeks to come when we can take boots off as I dont like the idea of him tripping in canter with boots on. Just hope pommel is big enough to stop me going over top when he stops in gallop! Unintended takeoffs that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew that you would love a Libra!! I also find mine very secure - even when Ben the 11.2hh Sec A did a sudden stop/spin, or when Frayne the Exmoor does one of her 'leap in the air with all 4 feet' :D I have ridden over extreme terrain - very steep slopes up and down, deep water crossings etc - and always find the Libra saddles comfy.

Ali xx

newrider.com