Lower back mobilisation exercises

Just been for my physio appointment, I feel quite positive, got some exercises to do, pelvic tilts, slumping (he thinks my good posture is adding to my stiffness) and a reverse stretch with hands against a wall, and another appointment in 3 weeks, then he's going to get me into a rehab exercise class for 6 weeks.

Just an observation (which might be of interest @Mary Poppins) the physio is looking to improve mobility and then strengthen opposing bits to maintain it long term, but he did very little in terms of hands on checking of what my muscles were doing. Had I of gone to my osteo I would have got a massage, stretched and bent to free off the tight bits and would no doubt have walked away feeling loads better. Obviously my osteo treatments have helped in the past but I have to keep going back for more, where the physio should be about 9 weeks and then the exercises should maintain it (hopefully). I want nothing more than to go to my osteo right now for the instant relief but I have to give this time to work as I really do want a long term fix :) I guess I'm just saying its a different approach and each have their merits :)

Reactions: Mary Poppins
Chiro is more just bone, osteo is soft tissue and bones :) physio is purely soft tissue.

But looking at my physios website it states that they look at bones as well so separate chrio treatment is not necessary. I guess they are 2 ends of the spectrum and they often merge together.

But looking at my physios website it states that they look at bones as well so separate chrio treatment is not necessary. I guess they are 2 ends of the spectrum and they often merge together.
Yes I think you are right actually they do everything, it is blooming confusing isn't it.

newrider.com